Literature Discussion

kiraownsurmom

Man Points: Over 9000
What have the denizens of Wiichat been reading lately? Be it horror, comedy, even a picture book post here and your thoughts on the current novel. A list of your own Top 10's or favorite author is encouraged. Put anything spoil-worthy in spoilers please.

Last edited:
Double post for the sake of saving this sites intellect. There is no room for the uncouth in my book.

I finished Horns by Joe Hill. I have to say his work is similar to his fathers when it comes to darkness and language. It was really good all in all except the end.
Picked up the Sherlockian by Graham Moore. Its kind of annoying just about every other chapter follows either Arthur Conan Doyle or the main character.

I've been reading The Shadow over Innsmouth. It's a pretty good Lovecraftian tale.

Holy bleep wasn't expecting this. Have you ever played "Call of Cthulhu" Dark Corners or something? Its pretty awesome and actually terrifying. Loosely based on The Shadow Over Innsmouth. My friends always talk **** because I buy weird games like this...

At The Mountains Of Madness FTW

Played it but never finished it. I'll get back to it eventually. Right now I place the Dunwich Horror as my favorite even though it doesn't follow the traditional "mankind is meaningless" theme that most of his tales follow.

I have been reading some Calvin and Hobbes lately
Brings back such good memories

Also I will be starting Lord of the Rings soon and hopefuly will finish it [STRIKE]quickly[/STRIKE]

I've been hitting thrift stores lately for cheap books and found a good amount of classics like The Godfather, The Iliad, A bunch of Crichton books and others. There were a surprisingly large list of virus/plague books so I got some of those.

Love how TF2 is always relevant.[video=youtube;h42d0WHRSck]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h42d0WHRSck&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Back