*Live* Wii Playing

Considering the attention this kid got for doing this, he might just do something similar in the near future.

Wiired said:
Forgot to mention...

TODAYS HIS LAST DAY!

well hes in American times methinks, so not sure exactly when he'll end, but this will be the last chance to see him ladies :)

no, i'm quite sure he's in Canada. He was talking about how he got his Wii for 279.99 and people were asking him if he speaks french and whatnot.

But my question is, how exactly do you chat with him? I've gone to that Wii Cam Chat and when i try to connect it's just like 'no.' What to do!

Swiftay said:
no, i'm quite sure he's in Canada. He was talking about how he got his Wii for 279.99 and people were asking him if he speaks french and whatnot.

But my question is, how exactly do you chat with him? I've gone to that Wii Cam Chat and when i try to connect it's just like 'no.' What to do!

Dunno.. just works for me :confused: assuming you got Java? If you have, then I'm sorry but ain't gotta clue

Wiired said:
Dunno.. just works for me :confused: assuming you got Java? If you have, then I'm sorry but ain't gotta clue

crap...yeah i have Java. but when i click connect it says

"Connecting...
Unable to connect : java.lang.NullPointerException"

no idea, maybe i should update java or something. time to try

aww man...yeah he's done...and it sucks because i missed the ending!!

and i missed it because the last game he played was Zelda, i do believe, and he was on the final boss, and i was like 'HOLY CRAP' and i had to close it as fast as i could, so as not to spoil it, and then i was scared to go back again, just in case he was still fighting him!

anyway, i enjoyed it while it lasted, i'm looking forward to his follow up blog.

man why do you guys try to see the endings of games that last time i did that i said thought YEAH i finished shame i saw the ending already why did i finissh it without playing it till the end man that ruined that game for me"

in touch with the wii said:
man why do you guys try to see the endings of games that last time i did that i said thought YEAH i finished shame i saw the ending already why did i finissh it without playing it till the end man that ruined that game for me"

You know, the english language has periods for a reason.

Yoshis last blog said:
Recap (Game review to follow)
Thanks
First and foremost Thank you to everyone that watched my Week with Wii. Some of you are fans of Nintendo, some of you were curious, and some of you just wanted to see who this idiot was. Regardless of your reasons I thank you.

Why Did I do this
I get a lot of questions as to why I did this. To be perfectly honest. I just did it for the hell of it. I had to use my vacation days before they expired by the end of the year and it just so happened that the Wii launched the time that I had wanted to use my vacation days. I don't really like to travel much in cold weather and was just going to stay home and play with the Wii anyways, so why not do it on line? I could have never imagined that this would create so much traffic on my Xanga. By the end of the week I had well over 300, 000 people come to my Xanga, and there was an average of 300 people watching at any one time. I was only expecting maybe a dozen or so people would drop by, mostly my friends.

Health and Well Being
After a week of playing, I can honestly say that you don't have to be worried about your arms giving out from playing too long. There were only a couple of mini games in Rayman and Super Monkey Ball. Thats only because of how those mini games were meant to be played, with lots of movement and fast. So unless you are totally over weight and out of shape, I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Impressions
I have to say that the Wii is a console for everyone. It is truly fun. The console is small but packed full of good times. The controllers were a lot smaller than what I had imagined, but it has a good size and feel to it.

Wii Channels
Right now there are only a few Wii channels available. More will be added to the Wii at a later date.
Shopping Channel - This is where you will find the virtual consol games. You can add Wii points with Wii point
cards from your local retailer or you can add Wii points to the console with your Visa/master card. Here you will also find the Wii ware section. Right the Wii ware section is empty, but you will come here to download the Opera Browser when ever it is out. I hear its suppose to be free until July 2007 , the browser not the VC games. One of the cool things you can do to the channel is re-arrange the windows. Just click A + B and drag it to the new desired location.

The Mii channels lets you create animated versions of youself, friends, family, and who ever else you want. I found this channel to be strangly addictive. you could spend hours just messing with it. Its fun to make and trade Mii's with your friends. You can set your mii's to "Mingle" this is where they will travel to other peoples console and vice versa. It only works with people in you address book. In addition each Wii-mote can hold up to 10 Mii's. So yo can load them up, take your Wii-mote to a friends house and let them loose. The News and Weather Channels are not up yet.

Emails and Messaging.
On the bottom left is a letter icon. Here you will find your address book, and letter writing tools. On the front page of your address book is your Friend Code. One Friend Code per console nice a neat, not like the DS friend codes. Your address book can hold up to 100 friend code or email. Yes you can send emails from the Wii. Your Wii email address is going to be "W[your friend code here]@ Wii.com. When you recieve an email, the blue light on your Wii will come on and blink, regardless of weither you are playing or if the console is in standby. Neat!

Disc Load
When inserting a Wii Disc the slot takes the disc in smoothly. The same goes for Game Cube disc. You can insert the GC disc from the top, middle, bottom, where ever you want into the slot and it will take it in silky smooth.

Wii Controllers
What can I say? It works great. If you have shaky hands, then you can just adjust the sensitivity of the Wii-mote. The battery life is amazing. During the week I went through 4 1/2 pairs of batteries. Thats an average of 27 hours before I had to change batteries. You can check the battery life at any time by pressing the Home button. The cool thing about the wii-mote is if you have a2nd pair, when the pair you are using dies (it'll warn you before the battery dies), the ithe Wii will automatically switch over to the 2nd set of controller.

Game Cube Controllers
There are 4 GC controller slots on the top of the Wii (side of the Wii depending on how you stand up the Wii or if you leave it flat). When the GC controllers are in, the Wii will not recognize the Wii-mote. When you are done playing with the GC controllers, you need to remove all of the controllers and reset the Wii. Kindda annoying, but hey, what can you do?

Memory
The Wii comes with 562 Megs of memory (correct if I'm wrong), that gives you over 2,000 blocks, Zelda:TP only used 1 block. No that's not a typo, it only took 1 block and I beat the game. Excite truck used the most with 4 blocks. A 1 gig SD card has over 7,500 blocks. DOWNSIDE. You can not transfer files from Game Cube memory cards to the SD cards, and you can not save GC games onto the SD cards. Bummer...

My Set-up
I had a lot of people ask me about my setup for this week. Here it is
TV: 36" widescreen Sony HDTV
Web cam: Logitech Quickcam Pro 5000
Seating: when the camera was zoomed it I was sitting 8 feet from the TV. When it was panned out with me in the shot, I was sitting 5 feet away from the TV
Live Feed: I was using Stickam.com. Its a free site, thats how I did the live webcast.
Chatroom: the first one was through Stickam.com the 2nd one, you'll have to ask AshTR. He set that one up for us.
Main Page: Xanga, its good becuase it was easy for Ricky to check messages and comments. That's how I was able to anser as many questions as I did. I'm glad I went with Xanga and Stickam, otherwise the site I was planning on building would have crashed.

Stats and schedule:

Week long Stats
168 hours in a week
27 hours of sleep
125hr 45min of play
8 hours of blog
8 hours of restroom, disloading time.

Average Breakdown by day
3.8 hours of sleep
17.5 hours of play
1.15 hours of blog
1.15 hours of restroom, disloading time.

Wowzers at them stats! I'd never be able to play that long constantly! Maybe 125hrs a year... :lol:

He also has posted about his future plans on that site, check it out :)

in touch with the wii said:

I'm pretty sure, no actually, i'm 100% sure that i said that i DIDN'T want to see the ending, so as to not ruin the game for myself...

and please...punctuation would be nice :idea:

Back