LOL! Wow! iPhone game with better graphics than most Wii games...

Atomheart

M'bating to Z Suit Samus
Jul 30, 2007
WI
Kind of sad, but this upcoming iPhone game has better graphics than MOST Wii games. A cell phone has a game with better graphics than most games on a dedicated video gaming console.

Had enough time to absorb that. Take a look at these screen shots.

3.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

http://toucharcade.com/2009/04/19/s...s-upcoming-3d-action-fighter-vampire-origins/

Discuss.

Shrink LoZ:TP down to a screen that small and it would look HD. Seriously. People often forget that screen size really does matter when doing any sort of video. 1080P on a typical 30" screen isn't generally going to look any better than 720P due to the screen size. Same thing applies when you're talking about tiny screens.

Shrink LoZ:TP down to a screen that small and it would look HD. Seriously. People often forget that screen size really does matter when doing any sort of video. 1080P on a typical 30" screen isn't generally going to look any better than 720P due to the screen size. Same thing applies when you're talking about tiny screens.

It's not just resolution though. Everything about the graphics looks better than most Wii games, including the character models, the level of detail, the 3D modeling, etc.

Those are iPhone screenshots? F*ck me how do people fit that in their hands? Its HUGE. That phone must be the size of a brick .........

Those are iPhone screenshots? F*ck me how do people fit that in their hands? Its HUGE. That phone must be the size of a brick .........
iphone_brick.jpg

I do hear how some people have bricked there iphone

It has been mentioned but
Try displaying that one a normal sized tv
Then it wont look as good

Unless your thinking is like stickmodes

So why doesn't the DS look awesome?

Beyond all the obvious already mentioned a SCREEN SHOT is going to look as good as the screen it was shot FROM, and the CAMERA that took it, allong with the resolution of the camera etc... I can promise you, that is not a shot taken directly from an iPhone.

Screen shots are some of the most misleading things in the world, especially if you are using them solely to base what game looks better. Unless you hook multiple consoles to the SAME exact TV, and use the SAME exact camera on the SAME exact settings and resolution, there is no way possible for an accurate comparison.

Output the image from an iPhone into my 65" Mitsubishi DLP set, and It wouldn't look any better than a Wii game. I'd bet on it. Somebody already nailed that one, shrink any Wii game down to the iPhone and it will look HD...

So why doesn't the DS look awesome?

The DS is a $170 system, the iPhone is what $800? The DS isn't made to look awesome because the cost would make the system a lot higher than what consumers would spend.

That screen is stretched out quite a bit. The iPhone screen is much smaller.

iphone_brick.jpg

I do hear how some people have bricked there iphone

It has been mentioned but
Try displaying that one a normal sized tv
Then it wont look as good

Unless your thinking is like stickmodes

Beyond all the obvious already mentioned a SCREEN SHOT is going to look as good as the screen it was shot FROM, and the CAMERA that took it, allong with the resolution of the camera etc... I can promise you, that is not a shot taken directly from an iPhone.

Screen shots are some of the most misleading things in the world, especially if you are using them solely to base what game looks better. Unless you hook multiple consoles to the SAME exact TV, and use the SAME exact camera on the SAME exact settings and resolution, there is no way possible for an accurate comparison.

Output the image from an iPhone into my 65" Mitsubishi DLP set, and It wouldn't look any better than a Wii game. I'd bet on it. Somebody already nailed that one, shrink any Wii game down to the iPhone and it will look HD...

What about Wii screenshots? The ones you see online aren't TV sized. I don't recall the last time I saw a 50" screenshot...

So are you guys saying that Wii games with great looking screenshots look like absolute pixelated crap on a real TV? If not, why is that the case with the iPhone game? How do you know it'd be worse?

The screenshots I posted aren't that much smaller than most Wii screenshots.

The DS is a $170 system, the iPhone is what $800? The DS isn't made to look awesome because the cost would make the system a lot higher than what consumers would spend.

The iPhone isn't $800. I'm not sure what it would cost to buy it without a plan, but you can get the 8GB versions for $199. Regardless, the 8GB iPod Touch is only $225 now. It is an immensely more powerful gaming platform, plus it's an iPod, mobile internet browser, backup drive, photo gallery, video viewer, etc.

the resolutuioon of thoise photos is higher than that of the iphone. ergo, not realistic screenies.

What about Wii screenshots? The ones you see online aren't TV sized. I don't recall the last time I saw a 50" screenshot...
Thats due to the size difference of different peoples monitors (19" CRT owner here)
A massive pic on web sites will take up a lot of space so theres scaled down
So are you guys saying that Wii games with great looking screenshots look like absolute pixelated crap on a real TV? If not, why is that the case with the iPhone game? How do you know it'd be worse?

The screenshots I posted aren't that much smaller than most Wii screenshots.
Let me explian with pics

(I cant be arsed to go threw loads of screen grabs to find a better one)

Now zoom into that (without clicking) (Ctrl and +/- on firefox)
It will look like crap thats kinda what would happen if you put a iphone game on a tv

Anyway screen shots make a game look good but what about when its in motion?
There have been games in the past that looked really good till you saw them moving

I admid is better than the starting Wii games of 2006, but now I think is equal than some Wii games launched this year, Tenchu, Musroom Men and Ghostbusters have better graphics than this, plus can you tell me who is the developer. Probably I send a email to them, asking if they can start making Wii games.

Back