looking for a case for my wii to travel in.

I use a small dipper bag. Lots of pockets and well protected. Also no one will think that it has my Wii in it b/c of my son. Just look at all sizes. Not all dipper bags look like a dipper bag, some are stylish and cheap.

speshuled said:
i was wondering if you any of you guys can recommend a travel case like a sling bag, or backpack.

i need to fit the unit, wires, 4 controllers, & 2 nunchucks at the least.

-ed

I have about 30 backpacks, computer cases, hard cases, etc. When I got my Wii I toiled over which case to use [because I was toting all my stuff to my brother's house so we could play.]

I ended up using one of my Kensington notebook computer backpacks. It has a padded compartment [meant for the notebook] that protects the console nicely. While it was tempting to buy a Wii case, that would have been an unnecessary expense since I had some nice notebook cases.

Here is the case I am talking about.

http://tinyurl.com/36gbc3

The backpack is nice because it has many pockets and other compartments that hold the power supply, my Case Logic CD wallet that contains all my Wii games, and room for the nunchucks, Zapper, etc. And in the end, it's all easy to carry because it is a backpack, with nicely padded straps to sling over the shoulders. And you can pretty much toss it around since there is so much padding [in the backpacks designed for notebook computers.]

Bonus Tip: I put each item into one gallon freezer bags so that nothing gets scratched. I don't like any of my stuff to get nicked, scratched or dented. E.g., it's real easy for the power cord metal plug to scrape against other parts of the system if you don't put it in its own separate compartment.

K LoLo said:
maybe I'm weird...but am i the only person who always has their Wii at their house?

i mean...the only time i see the need to move it is when i go home for Christmas break (I'm in college, go home sometimes, and its 2 1/2 hours away)...where are yall traveling with yalls wii's?

when friends want to play my wii...i tell them to come to my place, LOL

Actually, lots of people tote their Wiis around. I take it to my brother's house because he loves playing, but he can't find one [he is not willing to camp out to get one at the local store.]

My ex-girlfriend in Los Angeles says that many people are having Wii parties. Typically two or three people show up, whom have been designated to bring their Wiis.

By the way, anyone who is toting a Wii around, and if you live in a big city, be careful. I would not be carrying the Wii in a case that has "Wii" plastered in big letters on the front of the case.

Here in San Francisco the news reported that some guy was carrying his Wii on BART [a mass transit rail system] and two thugs grabbed his Wii-labeled case off his shoulder and ran. The guy was interviewed and said others were at the station carrying computer bags, but the thieves obviously wanted the guy's Wii. Just something to keep in mind.

I had this post in another thread like this one, but:

I've looked into the pro gamer box and others like it, and I have to say it just doesn't cut it. Right now, I'm using a free small laptop bag that I got at a conference. BUT, I'd never just throw my Wii in the bottom of that bag!

I've taken aircraft filter material which is soft and cut it to spec fitting exactly inside the bag. Next, I cut a spot out for each of the pieces I wanted to transport. In this case: the console, nunchuck and remote and sensor bar. The outside has a flap where I store the wires and 3 cases of games. I lined one side with toolbox lining that's been tacked to cardboard for rigidity, and on the other side I have more foam to create a complete shell.

Now I don't know about you, but I hate the idea of someone knowing that I'm carrying a Wii, so I'd rather do away without a logo'd item like the sling bag or carrying case. My current plan is to take a metal case that holds cameras, strip out the interior, replace the foam, and have a locking case that not only looks like just another briefcase, but looks like it was made for it. Think the pro gamers case on steroids! Another idea that may work is a case for a musical instrument like a small trumpet or even a poker chip case. Anything that's deep enough and wide enough will work.

As soon as mine is completed, I'll be taking pictures. Hope that sends you in the right direction! If you get a case on eBay, I don't see why it can't be economical and cool to build!

Updated:

Here's a pic of my completed case...it's a little bigger than I anticipated, but I got the case for free to modify. The hardest thing to do was trying to slice the foam precisely to make it even! Some of the bottoms are a bit sloped but it all fits correctly. You can't tell, but there are 3 games stacked there, so there's room if I get more wiimotes/nunchucks.

What do you guys think?

WiiCase.jpg

i used an old large black leather targus laptop case... rather large, but very padded and stain-proof
  • in this case i keep the following:
    • wireless sensorbar ($6.81 after S&H /ebay)
    • power supply (ebay)
i travel often, so i don't want to fish wires around all the time.
i just grab remotes, the wii, and games,... that's it -- hassle-free portability

Back