LOST Season 5

I don't think Ben ended up in the same place as John did. I might be mistaken but I didn't think that was the case.

We saw Locke walk up to the cot Ben was resting on and said that "this was the man that killed me."

^Okay.

And yeah, I just rewatched it. Two things to note:
1. When Widmore and Locke are talking for the first time, Widmore is suprised to hear that Ben left the island before Locke. With Widmore having that camera and all, shouldn't he have known this? I've been trying to calculate the time differences, but even if it was three years before, Widmore would have had his entire life to set this camera up. Doesn't make much sense.

We saw Ben appear in Tunisia awhile back when he moved the island. There were no cameras around at the time.

I wonder if we're going to find out why people teleport from the Island to Tunisia. It just seems like such a random place, but I'm sure it has some significance.

We saw Locke walk up to the cot Ben was resting on and said that "this was the man that killed me."

Ummm, I was talking about where they ended up after they moved the island initially. Keep things in context. :p

^Ah. In that case, I'm pretty sure he did. Widmore even went so far as to say that it was 'the exit'. Pretty definitive, in my opinion.

yeh, im sure "the exit" is the same regardless of who and when someone leaves the island. otherwise it would be pointless to have cameras set up. which also explains why those 2 arab guys tried to kill ben when he exited. whidmore knew he was out.

You are right, it does seem to point that way. I guess its more than likely I was initially wrong.

I wonder if we're going to find out why people teleport from the Island to Tunisia. It just seems like such a random place, but I'm sure it has some significance.
Looking at a globe, the Sahara is on the opposite side of the world from the South Pacific, so maybe the exact opposite point on the globe from the Island is in Tunisia? That's just my guess though.

Ummm, I was talking about where they ended up after they moved the island initially. Keep things in context. :p

Oops, yeah, haha! That's what I get for trying to follow several fragmented threads! :nonod:

yeh, im sure "the exit" is the same regardless of who and when someone leaves the island. otherwise it would be pointless to have cameras set up. which also explains why those 2 arab guys tried to kill ben when he exited. whidmore knew he was out.
This seems logical on the surface, but you must remember that Whidmore didn't know (or atleast he led us to believe he didn't know) that Ben had left the island during his conversation with Locke. Either he's tricking Locke and your theory is correct, or those two people were either just random civilians are associated with some other group.

Looking at a globe, the Sahara is on the opposite side of the world from the South Pacific, so maybe the exact opposite point on the globe from the Island is in Tunisia? That's just my guess though.
I had thought of this and then disregarded it once remembering that "the island is always moving." Regardless, though, I think it's a perfectly good explanation for now.

It just occurred to me that they don't have many episodes left really. A season and a half to wrap alla this up in a nice little bow.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it. All we can really hope for is a good ending for this great story, otherwise we may be left with a bad taste in our mouth over a conclusion that doesn't tie everything together. I fear that this may be the case, as it's hard to imagine getting a definitive answer from Lost, even at the end of the entire series. Regardless, I can't wait to watch all six seasons through again, preferably without interruption :)

Do any of you have theories about the conclusion? A popular one is that someone else was using flight 815 to get back to the island, which started this whole mess. I think this is the most exciting and mind-racking ending I've heard suggested, but we've also heard multiple times that the writers didn't have the whole storyline planned out from the beginning, so it would be difficult to incorporate.
There are also various theories of Jacob being the father of [insert main character here].

I personally like the theory that something that the 815ers did when they were back in time ultimately caused the crash of flight 815 (They 'broke the rules' that said you can't change history). It would be ironic and emotional, yet conclusive I think. I haven't seen this written anywhere, I just came up with that one.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it. All we can really hope for is a good ending for this great story, otherwise we may be left with a bad taste in our mouth over a conclusion that doesn't tie everything together. I fear that this may be the case, as it's hard to imagine getting a definitive answer from Lost, even at the end of the entire series.

I'm not too worried about that. If this past episode is any indication, we'll get our answers. For once in what seemed like a good while, we got an episode that was 90% answers and 10% new questions and not the other way around.

I thought that too, but the scene with Eloise and the tracking room made me think otherwise. If the island was only moving in time, and not physically moving, why would they need a room to constantly track it? Why would Eloise use "The island is always moving" as a prelude to her announcement that there was a flight going through the portal if she was talking about the island's time and not its location? I don't know, you could be right.

I thought that too, but the scene with Eloise and the tracking room made me think otherwise. If the island was only moving in time, and not physically moving, why would they need a room to constantly track it? Why would Eloise use "The island is always moving" as a prelude to her announcement that there was a flight going through the portal if she was talking about the island's time and not its location? I don't know, you could be right.
Maybe the Island can only be accessed at certain times? This does seem to conflict with the fact that the freighter was able to stay near the Island, and in contact, for over a week.

Back