LOST Season 5

^(GigaRidley) If you're correct, could that have been [some of] the Oceanic 6 shooting at them? Bowserizer beat me.

Napalm: Okay, I understand the theories going around about the black smoke killing people that are 'supposed' to die or whatever, but what about information? Influence. Knowledge. If Locke hadn't told Richard to come visit him, or if they hadn't even met, you're saying that Richard would have somehow had the insight to go visit him? And what about the Daniel/Desmond confrontation that Desmond calls 'not a dream, a memory'? If Daniel had never done that, how could Desmond have 'remembered' it?

Also, is anyone forgetting Daniel's appearance at the beginning of the premier? He's been on the island too, and was seemingly a regular. I was expecting him to get a nosebleed before Juliette, but maybe he knows something we (and they) don't.

Well I think for one, its relatively obvious that the freighter people have on the island before, and I would guess were all members of the Dharma initiative.
How could they be Dharma members? They look about 30 years old, so they would have been kids when Dharma was around.

Napalm: Okay, I understand the theories going around about the black smoke killing people that are 'supposed' to die or whatever, but what about information? Influence. Knowledge. If Locke hadn't told Richard to come visit him, or if they hadn't even met, you're saying that Richard would have somehow had the insight to go visit him? And what about the Daniel/Desmond confrontation that Desmond calls 'not a dream, a memory'? If Daniel had never done that, how could Desmond have 'remembered' it?
To be fair, Daniel does mention Desmond is "special" and "the rules don't apply to him".

As for Richard and Locke- who knows, maybe Jacob would have told him to go to Locke's birth or something? It's difficult to answer given that we still don't really know what the Others are all about.

Also, is anyone forgetting Daniel's appearance at the beginning of the premier? He's been on the island too, and was seemingly a regular. I was expecting him to get a nosebleed before Juliette, but maybe he knows something we (and they) don't.
Maybe he's there in another time skip?

Age seems to be a rather ambiguous trait on the island.
As far as we know, only for Richard. Besides, they've evidently been off the Island for a long time (and Widmore has certainly gotten older since leaving).

Given that Daniel hasn't been affected by the time travel yet, it would seem he's never been to the Island before.

Given that Daniel hasn't been affected by the time travel yet, it would seem he's never been to the Island before.

He must have some sort of unusual connection though... Remember in that flashback from last year where he was watching the news coverage of the discovery of the flight 815 wreckage, he was all freaked out about it for some reason.

As far as we know, only for Richard. Besides, they've evidently been off the Island for a long time (and Widmore has certainly gotten older since leaving).

We've already seen Daniel on the island, in the premier. It was concrete enough that saying he was never on the island is rediculous. :p

We've already seen Daniel on the island, in the premier. It was concrete enough that saying he was never on the island is rediculous. :p
And he was the same age as he is now (Dharma was around about 30 years ago). I'm pretty sure the implication is that he was in another time skip.

I've got two theories about Daniel being there with Candle at the beginning of Season 5:
1) It takes place later in the season, and a time skip takes them to that scene.
2) Daniel has already used time travel on himself (possibly at Oxford, or on the Island where he may have been as a child and we don't know yet) and went back there.

^Both of those seem equally plausible to me.

I have a question! I can't believe nobody else thought of this. If Roussea(? (The french lady)) was pregnant when she got on the island, then how could Ben be Alex's father?!

^Both of those seem equally plausible to me.

I have a question! I can't believe nobody else thought of this. If Roussea(? (The french lady)) was pregnant when she got on the island, then how could Ben be Alex's father?!

I always thought he was just her adopted, spiritual father, not her literal father.

Right?

I guess I had always thought that Russo and Ben, through some unimaginable series of events, ended up getting it on.

So did Ben and the Others steal Alex then? Presumably for similar reasons as to why they wanted Walt or Aaron?

Woah. Crazy episode.

How did Ben talk to Locke when he turned the wheel if he supposedly had to die after the wheel was turned again by Locke? This is getting funky.

Also found it surprising Charlotte died in this episode. Also, how she said that she thinks it was Faraday who told her never to come back her, or she'd die. Does that mean that what happens during those flashes really does affect the future? I'm assuming another flash in a future episode will include a childhood version of Charlotte.

**** I can't believe I've missed all of these episodes...

I'm just subscribing so that at a later time, after I catch up I can read everything.

Back