LOST Season 5

Bryan, spoiler tags please :D

Sorry, I didn't think I needed it for that. Will change right away.
I'm personally hoping that
Alpert's immortality is not time-travel based, because that would be terribly unsatisfying for me.

So I have a question
Who was that lady that Desmond met with the sister that was in a vegatative state? What was her relation to Faraday's mother? How did he find her/How was he directed to her? I probably missed something, but I was just confused.

So I have a question
Who was that lady that Desmond met with the sister that was in a vegatative state? What was her relation to Faraday's mother? How did he find her/How was he directed to her? I probably missed something, but I was just confused.
I don't think we've been introduced to her before. I reckon we'll see her again when we learn more about Faraday's past.

So I have a question

I've got a hunch that she was romantically involved with Faraday somehow, judging by her sister's conversation with Desmond. I'm pretty sure the janitor at Oxford gave him her location.

Sorry, I didn't think I needed it for that. Will change right away.
I'm personally hoping that
Alpert's immortality is not time-travel based, because that would be terribly unsatisfying for me.

It probably IS time travel based. The rules that LOST has established are these:
1. Time cannot be changed (but also course-corrects).
2. Aspects of the show will be explained scientifically.

This means Alpert most likely isn't innately immortal. For him to look the same in every time period can easily be rationalized with time travel (see my last post regarding this in more detail).

It probably IS time travel based. The rules that LOST has established are these:
1. Time cannot be changed (but also course-corrects).
2. Aspects of the show will be explained scientifically.

This means Alpert most likely isn't innately immortal. For him to look the same in every time period can easily be rationalized with time travel (see my last post regarding this in more detail).
I favour the theory that he is immortal. In fact, I think anyone on the Island just stops aging as one effect of the Island's healing properties.

Ben was brought to the island as a boy, Napalm.
Sorry, I should have elaborated: my theory is that the Island stops people aging when they reach adulthood. If you've seen Heroes, think of it like how (Heroes season 2 spoiler ahead)
Adam grew up to become an adult, but didn't age in 400 years because the cells in his body kept regenerating.

Hm. Sounds good. Regenerative cells would be a form of mechanical healing that could be sustained through The Island. I would rather believe this (it's more interesting), but:

what about Ben's father? He went to The Island at adulthood, but he clearly aged anyway.

Last edited:
Sorry, I should have elaborated: my theory is that the Island stops people aging when they reach adulthood. If you've seen Heroes, think of it like how (Heroes season 2 spoiler ahead)
Adam grew up to become an adult, but didn't age in 400 years because the cells in his body kept regenerating.

but he was an adult when he got his powers, so that's when his body stopped aging. just like claire will most likely stay a teenager, or just stay at a point at which she is fully developed.

and to everybody:
why so many spoilers? if you have a theory or anything that partains to what has happened so far in the show, there needn't be spoilers around it as this thread is for those who are following the show.

^Well, the theories are going to have spoilers from the latest episode regardless. Also, there are regional differences upon when the episodes air. With no spoiler tags, it could be bothersome for those who aren't yet able to see the episode while somebody here from, say, the USA is already talking about it.

However, despite all this, I personally don't think Spoilers should ever be accompanied in a LOST thread for the very reason that everything discussed will be a spoiler and it's somewhat common sense not to read the thread if one isn't caught up (especially if not caught up to the Season described in the thread title). Last time we had this thread (before WiiChat was down) I think a moderator reminded everyone to honor spoilers in here anyhow, so I just assumed it was out of us regular members' hands at this point.

Last edited:
but he was an adult when he got his powers, so that's when his body stopped aging. just like claire will most likely stay a teenager, or just stay at a point at which she is fully developed.
The implication is that he and Claire always had their power, it just took a while to realise (in the eclipse episode, a doctor mentions that it seems like Claire has never been sick in her life). Presumably, the reason Adam stopped aging as an adult rather than as a teenager is because the body's cells start decaying in adulthood (that's why old people look old), but his power kept replacing them with new cells.

Regarding spoilers: before Wiichat went down, I reminded people to use spoiler tags if they were going to post spoilers on upcoming episodes, since a lot of people in the Heroes thread would post spoilers untagged.

Awesome. So I guess spoilers aren't mandatory unless for upcoming unaired episodes?

Also, who is Adam? Is he from your Heroes comparison?

Awesome. So I guess spoilers aren't mandatory unless for upcoming unaired episodes?
Well you make a good point that people who haven't seen the latest episode yet don't need to read this thread, so I guess they don't need spoiler tags.

If you post info on a thread that hasn't aired in America yet, then use spoiler tags.

Also, who is Adam? Is he from your Heroes comparison?
Yes.

Yeah there's no need for spoilers. I think everyone [on WiiChat] who does watch Lost knows this thread and the kind of things people will be saying, and I know that if I wait until Sunday to watch the latest episode then I won't be venturing in here until after that. That being said, I've decided I'm going to watch them every Thursday on the net, and then again on Sunday on Sky. I like watching them twice to make sure everything goes down well.

Back