LOST Season 5

I still think it is more likely Ben usurped the "throne."

But we already saw how Ben came to be in charge of the Others, and Whidmore didn't appear to even be in the picture at that point in time, at least not on the island. I'm thinking he was behind the Dharma initiative and hold Ben responsible for its destruction. I also like that idea of Whidmore moving the island previously.

I'm definitely going for Ellie to be Faraday's mother.

Damn it Bio, you said many things I came here to say! Including about the old flashback of Richard going to see young Locke. I think we may see that again but Locke will pick the compass, and Richard will know Locke is 'ready'. Then Locke can truly take command.

That relates to something that Richard said and a little theory I have. In this episode when Locke told Richard he was their leader, Richard said they have a strict process of choosing leaders that starts from an early age. Maybe Whidmore was planned to be in charge, but Ben came along and at a young age proved he would be a valid leader, and Whidmore didn't like this causing conflict, but Whidmore was removed. And ever since, Whidmore has been trying to get control, or just get the island back. Similar to how Locke came along to take over from Ben, but Ben isn't greedy like Whidmore and knows Locke is the way forward for the island so was willing to step down.

I'm definitely going for Ellie to be Faraday's mother.

Damn it Bio, you said many things I came here to say! Including about the old flashback of Richard going to see young Locke. I think we may see that again but Locke will pick the compass, and Richard will know Locke is 'ready'. Then Locke can truly take command.

That relates to something that Richard said and a little theory I have. In this episode when Locke told Richard he was their leader, Richard said they have a strict process of choosing leaders that starts from an early age. Maybe Whidmore was planned to be in charge, but Ben came along and at a young age proved he would be a valid leader, and Whidmore didn't like this causing conflict, but Whidmore was removed. And ever since, Whidmore has been trying to get control, or just get the island back. Similar to how Locke came along to take over from Ben, but Ben isn't greedy like Whidmore and knows Locke is the way forward for the island so was willing to step down.
They didn't seem to treat Widmore as a leader. My guess is that Widmore left the Others, somehow gained control of the Island (probably through the Dharma Initiative), but the Others fought back (after recruiting Ben to be their new leader).

They didn't seem to treat Widmore as a leader. My guess is that Widmore left the Others, somehow gained control of the Island (probably through the Dharma Initiative), but the Others fought back (after recruiting Ben to be their new leader).

Sounds pretty valid to me.
I'm wondering what hqppened to that H-Bomb in the present timeline. Did they actually bury it? And if so, shouldn't it still be there?

I'm wondering what hqppened to that H-Bomb in the present timeline. Did they actually bury it? And if so, shouldn't it still be there?

Maybe it's inside that foot statue? Concrete, innit.

If they did what Faraday told them, it shouldn't be a problem. Personally I think it's a red herring which will never come up again.

I doubt it will NEVER come up again, but I doubt it will play any major role in the storyline.

Yo, Tortilla.
So, do you guys think Richard Alpert's apparent immortality is due to time travel, or something else all together?

Last edited:
Well you'd think he would retain his memory if time travel was the factor wouldn't it.

and Bryan, spoiler tags please :D

We knew about Richard's apparent immortality in season 4, so I don't think it needs spoiler tags (people who haven't watched up to season 4 shouldn't be reading this thread).

I just meant for the future, in case he hadn't realized. I didn't mean it to directly correlate to what he ha posted.

Well you'd think he would retain his memory if time travel was the factor wouldn't it.

and Bryan, spoiler tags please :D

Thanks to this latest episode, he obviously isn't all-knowing, so he probably can't jump back and forth through time at will. All the times we have seen him, flashback-wise, didn't necessarily indicate that he knew something he couldn't in that time period. And thanks again to this latest episode, it shows that those flashbacks have probably all been consistent with time instead of an indication that he "jumped back" to a time period (recall how it was revealed that Alpert was told through Locke back in 1954 to visit him when he's a kid).

I'm feeling like what he told Locke while he was injured has nothing to do with precognitive abilities. I don't know how he knew about the gunshot, but he may have known about the impending time warp because he is aware of the Island's nature, either by himself or through Jacob perhaps (The latest episode clearly showed that he and the rest of the group answered to him somehow).

As for his immortality, he probably keeps warping forward through time without ever going backwards. Citing how the Sawyer group kept their memory through a time warp, the warp(s) Alpert experienced would keep his memory consistent. Also, if he is to "move" only forward, it is probably a warp of a nature different from the flashes Desmond has or the time warps triggered by the donkey wheel.

His warps may have been dictated by some other force in order for him to do a specific duty. For instance, to meet with (young) Locke in each time period in which he contacted him (these years are 1956, 1961, and 1972). Seeing as a plane crash has also caused quite a stir on The Island, that might also dictate his reason to be involved in this time period as well. I'm getting a feeling that Richard is very close to The Island and involves himself only so much that he fullfills his task (which seems to comprise mainly of recruiting leaders of some kind).

Last edited:
Back