Lunar Eclipse

It was beautifully clear here in alberta and i caught most of it. no camera to handy to snap a shot of it, but it was really clear. i dont think its quite done yet, but its passed the best, full rededness part. i like to catch these, cuz they are so scarce and far inbetween and it is such a great sight. i dont wanna feel like i missed out =)

Edit: oh and there is a star or 2 that you are able to make out that at any other time your cant cuz the moon is too bright. i think that part is cool too.

Last edited:
Very cool! It popped through the cloud cover a few times - also saw a shooting star right over the moon. My tripod is a little goofed up (ordering a new one soon), so it doesn't have the stability I needed, especially with a low light pic. Snapped a few decent ones though, post 'em in a bit.

[DT] said:
Very cool! It popped through the cloud cover a few times - also saw a shooting star right over the moon. My tripod is a little goofed up (ordering a new one soon), so it doesn't have the stability I needed, especially with a low light pic. Snapped a few decent ones though, post 'em in a bit.
yea i need the shutter speed to be as slow as 6 seconds and my tripod sucks. i used tape to help make it stable and just got some excellent shots. still waiting for it to go full eclipse though...

EDIT: damn. i missed the full eclipse!!! i did get some good shots of before and after the full eclipse though. here they are:

Last edited:
There was a eclispe ?
Meh seen loads of them

I did have a intrest in astronamy
But due to the great British weather I missed most the important stuff

Thank somethin for Patrick "Looks like a planet" Moore
At least he shows it on his show

I tried to look at it earlier, but all I could see were clouds.

I looked just now and I could see the moon, but it looked normal. I guess it's over?

Nearly missed it
Disgaea said:
Red moon, red moon...
Cleanses the sinful and makes them anew...
Shining brightly in the night sky,
waiting for the souls...
Who will be born again tonight?
Who will be born again tonight?
Be born again tonight?

Those turned out pretty nice Mitch!

This one is *nuts* - a buddy from the Corvette Forum, down in South Florida shot this:

1a244e94.jpg

Last edited:
schweet pictures DT and Mitch, I couldn't see a thing because of the fog >.<

Last edited:
Back