Mac Mini yes or no?

wii_cammy

Banned
Feb 6, 2007
In Scotland
Wii Online Code
7340-2535-0641-6266
Im really stuck whether to buy a mac mini because i got this computer last year but it runs really slow an all that.

So please dont bring up crap about how many threads i make i really need to know!

ok heres a fact of life. Pcs are better than macs. Macs are more expensive and look better but are much slower for what you pay. Plus you cant upgrade them. Do yourself a favor and get a PC. as said by a editor of PC world "PC and Mac are virtually the same they can best be looked at as 2 computers whering lipstick, Mac just has more lipstick on"

Yeah i have enough for a mac but its my life savings i would have spent
as I am still in school and dont have sa job

Well, what do you want to use it for? If you are just going to be surfing the web, IMing, light photo editing, etc then a Mini will be fine. I just got mine because it was my first Mac and I was unsure if I would actually like it so I wasn't going to spend alot of money. I love it so I'm getting a MacBook Pro when Leopard comes out. Maybe if you don't have alot of money to spend you might want to wait for Leopard to be released before you buy yours if you get one.

No Im buying one within the next week
And the price is just right
and just out of curiosity
?Could you list the things that a mac mini can do better and what you get wth it.

Well I'm not going to list all the reasons I prefer OS X over Windows if thats what your asking but here is what comes in the box:

* Mac mini
* Apple Remote
* Power cord
* Install/restore DVDs
* Printed and electronic documentation

I would really reconsider waiting, since there will probably be a hardware update since they just recently updated the MacBook and now the MacBook Pro, plus you could save money by not having to buy Leopard. But thats your choice so whatever.

it really depends what you want it for, if you want it for audio / video or graphics, then go ahead with the mac, but if you want it more for word processing or general things, get a pc, as they have a broader amount of functions. I bought a mac book because i needed audio recording capabilities which it is better for, but it really depends on what you need. Dont buy a mac if you want just an alternative to a pc... Only buy one if you need one, dont be stupid and buy it as a pc replacement.

Valadrim said:
it really depends what you want it for, if you want it for audio / video or graphics, then go ahead with the mac, but if you want it more for word processing or general things, get a pc, as they have a broader amount of functions. I bought a mac book because i needed audio recording capabilities which it is better for, but it really depends on what you need. Dont buy a mac if you want just an alternative to a pc... Only buy one if you need one, dont be stupid and buy it as a pc replacement.
Why not? They can do everything a PC can. You can do almost anything you can on a PC in OS X besides gaming. If there were something you needed to do that you couldn't in OS X you could always dual boot Windows or use Parallels. Also how is a PC better for word processing? They are pretty equal for such simple things, since most OSs can do those things and do them the same or very similarly.

Back