Macintosh vs. Microsoft (Computers)

Shiftfallout said:
viper201oe0.jpg

This PC cost $600 and looks better than any mac ever made.

haha ok.

1: Do some research, nothing of what you said made a bit of sense. There are more options for each mac than just one. Get a damn job if you can't afford it. Don't hate it cause it costs money. 100% of PC software can now be run on a Mac, thanks to boot camp. That last thing you said about macs are what makes them so great. They control what hardware goes into their systems. Me and my brother bought the same PC and we had different everything. I had a Seagate HD, he had a Samsung HD, just to name one thing.

2: That up there is the biggest, dumbest, piece of computer hardware I have EVER seen. I mean, WTF IS THAT?!?!?! It Looks like a retarded alien baby. And I can guarantee that the cheap plastic **** all over the case could be snapped off by a 6 year old.

I'm sorry, but this
Image4-large.jpeg

is much more visually appealing than this
user2181_1164237733.jpg

Last edited:
tank said:
haha ok.

1: Do some research, nothing of what you said made a bit of sense. There are more options for each mac than just one. Get a damn job if you can't afford it. Don't hate it cause it costs money. 100% of PC software can now be run on a Mac, thanks to boot camp. That last thing you said about macs are what makes them so great. They control what hardware goes into their systems. Me and my brother bought the same PC and we had different everything. I had a Seagate HD, he had a Samsung HD, just to name one thing.

lol, you are telling this to me? ok. People tend to complain that I do a bit TOO much research. No one is complaining the mac is bad because it ONLY cost too much, but you are getting ripped off when you PAY for whats inside a mac. Nice try at putting spin on my points. Im sorry but being a limited and overpriced simplistic system does not make it great. Companies like Dell and similar companies do the same thing as controlling what goes in. I personally think thats bad, because it gets rid of competition.. the direct result of that is extorded pricing and limited customization. DUHHHH

I also think its funny that you argue hardware controll and then point out a laptop. Anyone with a bit of tech knowlege knows that unlike desktops, laptops HAVE to come with a preset setup. Doesnt matter if its mac or PC.

You conviently look over desktops. Ouch. :wink:

2: That up there is the biggest, dumbest, piece of computer hardware I have EVER seen. I mean, WTF IS THAT?!?!?! It Looks like a retarded alien baby. And I can guarantee that the cheap plastic **** all over the case could be snapped off by a 6 year old.

Ok, now you just confirmed you dont know jack about computers and PCs. .. Its not computer hardware lol, its called a.. CASE. What? There are thousands of PC cases out there that ANYONE can purchase to match their preferences. One of my last desktops was completely clear and pulsed red and blue with neon effects inside. I currently have a black and red case set up thats all demonic looking. Hell i like it, im sorry you cant appreciate options to reflect style.

Im suprised you havent heard of gaming cases.. lol. You can guarantee its cheap plastic huh? GUESS WHAT TARD? its not. All cases, unles clear, are made out of colored and shaped light metal. They dont use plastic for the case unless its the face plate hiding the CDrom and adding some style. Its not cheap, and if you dont like it, get one that doesnt have it.

Heres a tip, go outside, get yourself to a store that features extreme or gaming cases, and touch them yourself. Better yet, DO SOME DAMN RESEARCH. Nothing is stopping you from going online and looking up the reviews and what they are made up of.

Hehe, ouch huh.

I'm sorry, but this
Image4-large.jpeg

is much more visually appealing than this
user2181_1164237733.jpg

Haha kind of funny, in fact I am typing this on that exact same PC laptop. No spider logo, sager logo instead. Guess what, My laptop has a nvidia gforce 7800GTX Go. Thats a $500 video card with insane graphical capabilities. It also came with 2 gigs of RAM, 120 gig hard drive, 19'' high rez display, a built in camera and mic, outter light metal plating, and WoW sound capabilities. Even better than the many USB 2.0 slots, display ports, and all that.. is that its exteremely light and durable. THIN TOO. Guess what, it is more powerful than that mac notebook and it cost a lot less.

=) You bit off more than you can chew by using that latop as an example.

Heres a few more pics you might like, hehehe. I love OPTIONS.
dellgaminglaptopyn2.jpg

7791largenz5.jpg

gaminglaptopcomputerek2.jpg

imageic8.jpg

raidmaxminiscplargeux2.gif

I think you get the point that there is no comparison on looks. PCs can look exactly like macs, macs cant have the freedom of PCs.

Yeah, I'll stand by what I said about looks. Those machines all looked dumb. I hate when you have all these ridiculous graphics and shaped shells.

Mac laptops are customizable. I never said you have total control, but the way you said it makes it seem like EVERY model of mac comes with only one available setup.

Over the summer, after I work for a few months, to pay my rent, I'm going to drop 600 bucks or so on a custom PC (need everything but a new HD). I have it just about all planned out. I want it so I can run Vista, and play all the sweet-ass DX10 games coming out (pumped for GuildWars2) I think I'll just skin my old PC and use that case. maybe sell the old parts. Don't think that I don't appreciate an awesome gaming rig. But I don't want it looking like a f***ing Alien!

I don't use a computer just for games and entertainment. I use it to work. Sure, those gaming rigs are cool if all you do is just use it for games, but I also want utility out of my laptop....That's why I bought a Mac Laptop. (next to) top of the line, and I freakin love it. It does everything I wanted it for and more. Like I previously stated, the Hardware will run GuildWars and CS source at top video settings VERY smoothly. Now running CS:S at top video settings is no easy task, so the hardware on my Mac laptop is obviously proficient. Given it gets real hot, but that's what cooling stands are for.

Oh, and whoever said that macs don't get viruses cause no one cares enough about macs to make them? That's not it. Macs ask you, whenever a program tires to install, to put in your administrative password. If you're just chatting, or whatever, and you see a window pop up asking to install a program. DON'T CLICK IT! That's you have to be just downright dumb to get a virus on a mac, just about the only way to get it is it give it to yourself.

Macs are not "Simple" they have minimalistic architecture and are user friendly. If you know what you're doing there is a lot of advanced stuff you can do on a Mac. Darwin = a dream to use. Unix FTW!

I'm sorry if I offended you. But I'm going to defend Macs, it's just what I do. I like them, you don't have to. If you don't like what I say, just let it slide.

I got finals tomorrow. Peace

Last edited:
tank said:
Yeah, I'll stand by what I said about looks. Those machines all looked dumb. I hate when you have all these ridiculous graphics and shaped shells.

Mac laptops are customizable. I never said you have total control, but the way you said it makes it seem like EVERY model of mac comes with only one available setup.

Over the summer, after I work for a few months, to pay my rent, I'm going to drop 600 bucks or so on a custom PC (need everything but a new HD). I have it just about all planned out. I want it so I can run Vista, and play all the sweet-ass DX10 games coming out (pumped for GuildWars2) I think I'll just skin my old PC and use that case. maybe sell the old parts. Don't think that I don't appreciate an awesome gaming rig. But I don't want it looking like a f***ing Alien!

I don't use a computer just for games and entertainment. I use it to work. Sure, those gaming rigs are cool if all you do is just use it for games, but I also want utility out of my laptop....That's why I bought a Mac Laptop. (next to) top of the line, and I freakin love it. It does everything I wanted it for and more. Liek I previously stated, the Hardware run GuildWars and CS source at top video settings VERY smoothly. Now running CS:S at top video settings is no easy task, so the hardware on my Mac laptop is obviously proficient.

Oh, and whoever said that macs don't get viruses cause no one cares enough about macs to make them? That's not it. Macs ask you, whenever a program tires to install, to put in your administrative password. If you're just chatting, or whatever, and you see a window pop up asking to install a program. DON'T CLICK IT! That's you have to be just downright dumb to get a virus on a mac, just about the only way to get it is it give it to yourself.

I'm sorry if I offended you. But I'm going to defend Macs, it's just what I do. I like them, you don't have to. If you don't like what I say, just let it slide.

I got finals tomorrow. Peace

Sigh, your hopeless. But Thats ok, good luck on your finals. I hope your not a CS major.

As for running Counter Strike Source on max.. lol just about any computer can do that. Counter strike source runs off the half life 2 engine and has less resource heavy features than HL2. If all you can do is Run CS:S and GW, then im sorry. Macs are not made for games, they are made for running simple applications. Being able to run CS:S is like bragging my PSP can run Super Mario World (snes).

As for the cases, you dont have to be a gamer to enjoy a powerful or cool looking system. At least PC users get the choice of how their PC looks. The only use i found on a mac was using final cut pro, but even then problems were common and I was able to do just as much and more with PC based video editing software. If you are into programming, Linux is the way to go. PCs will always have the upper hand on Macs. But hey, mac fanboys are almost as bad as nintendo ones.

I will still use a mac if i have to, but its usually a painful process.

Back