Major League Baseball

Its a done deal

the Diamondbacks agreed to terms with starter Jon Garland on a one-year deal with an option (likely mutual) for 2010. Garland's guaranteed money is believed to be in the $6-8MM range. Garland's early December decision to decline the Angels' offer of arbitration turned out to be a mistake. The Angels will receive a supplemental draft pick for their loss.

Another deal in the works:

According to ESPN Radio's Bruce Levine, the Cubs are close to acquiring pitcher Aaron Heilman from the Mariners. The Ms want shortstop Ronny Cedeno and pitching in return.

Another done deal:

ESPN's Jerry Crasnick says the Mariners acquired Cedeno and Garrett Olson from the Cubs for Heilman. Essentially, the Cubs moved two out of options players in Cedeno and Felix Pie to get Heilman, who they've coveted for a while. The Mariners did well here, adding a back-rotation candidate in Olson and competition for Yuniesky Betancourt in Cedeno.

Also, guys go in here so we can get our own section xD

http://www.wiichat.com/site-feedback/57165-new-forums-sub-forums.html

Last edited:
DP, but worth it.

To all my Mets fans out there, we are all going to rally tomorrow outside SNY studios durning Mets Hot Stove. We are going to scream and chant 'We Want Manny". Meet us there.

according to a variety of message boards, there may be group of fans working to hold a Pro-Manny Rally outside the SNY studios tomorrow, live during Mets Hot Stove.

Once again a reminder for Met fans tonight 7pm be at SNY Studios for the “Bring Manny to the Mets Rally,”

see you there xD

Your right, but like i've been saying, its fun to wish and make hype xD

In news

The Mets have signed OF Bobby Kielty, RHP Tony Armas Jr., RHP Matt DeSalvo, and LHP Valerio de los Santos to minor league contracts, reports the Associated Press.

Kielty, 32, hit .233 in 49 minor-league games last season, after getting just 33 at bats with the A’s and Red Sox in 2007.

Armas pitched in three games for the Mets last season, during which he allowed seven runs on 11 hits in eight innings.

The 28–year-old DeSalvo is 1–3 with a 7.89 ERA in nine career appearances with the Yankees and Braves.

Santos, 36, has pitched for five teams during nine seasons over the last 11 years – he has struck out 207 batters in 256 innings and he has 18 letters in his name.

This is part of an Insider article on ESPN.com. It did mention other teams as well.

Mets: After another agonizing near-miss, GM Omar Minaya addressed the team's biggest shortcoming, its bullpen, by signing Francisco Rodriguez and trading for J.J. Putz. However, Minaya has yet to substantially upgrade his corner outfielders, who ranked fourth-to-last in the league in homers (27) and OPS (747) via a combined .278/.338/.409 line amid a plague of injuries. Rookie Dan Murphy hit a promising .313/.397/.473 in 151 plate appearances, almost exclusively against righties, but PECOTA isn't sanguine about a repeat, forecasting .263/.327/.405 and just 1.8 WARP. The system doesn't see fellow rookie and platoon-mate Nick Evans as much better (.256/.319/.428, 0.5 WARP), and keep in mind that both players' figures are projected over more than 500 PA apiece. Furthermore, Fernando Tatis, who rose from the dead to hit .297/.369/.484 in 306 PA, forecasts for just a .245/.325/.402 line and 0.7 WARP in part-time duty, while Ryan Church, ostensibly the starting right fielder, is penciled in for 1.2 WARP, again in part-time duty. If we assume some positional flexibility and project those four players' combined performance over 1,200 PA, that comes out to 1.6 WARP apiece at each corner, making for a gain of 2.7 wins if the Mets instead sign Ramirez. When you've missed the postseason by a single game in each of the past two seasons, that ain't hay.

The feeling here is that the inflexibility of both Boras and Colletti will lead Ramirez into the arms of the Mets. Don't bet on this drama to end anytime soon, however.

Last edited:
New York Post reports that Oliver Perez agrees to a 3 year $36 million deal, pending physical. Thoughts Nick?

Damn you Brian, beat me to it..lol

ill post it anyway =P

Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports the Mets and Perez have reached agreement on a three-year, $36 million deal.

According to Sherman, the deal does not include a fourth year option of any sorts.

Im for it, i mean there was no one else..Sheets? no, walking injury.
Ollie has always been there in the clutch, he just has to be there when the spotlight isnt on.
Plus they say he is more mature this go around cuz he just got married this off season.

Damn you Brian, beat me to it..lol

Im for it, i mean there was no one else..Sheets? no, walking injury.
Ollie has always been there in the clutch, he just has to be there when the spotlight isnt on.
Plus they say he is more mature this go around cuz he just got married this off season.

I saw "Breaking News" on ESPN and it concerned the Mets, so I checked to make sure you hadn't already posted it. I hope for your guys' sake, he continues his success, and I'm with you on Sheets. When he's healthy he is a damn decent pitcher, but it seems like there is always an injury to end his season.

Yea im hopin as well that he continues to be the pitcher he was/is.

Also this just in.

WFAN's (New Yorks sports radio) Tony Paige is reporting that he has word from the Mets front office that now, that pitching is out the way, they can focus on other things. Other things being..you guessed it, Manny!!!!

Paige just emailed Metsblog

However, Paige told me in an e-mail, “All I said was, someone, who deals with Mets management (and he’s credible), told me the Mets were interested in Manny Ramirez and something may happen this week.”

Back