Major League Baseball

They interviewed [STRIKE]my man[/STRIKE] David Wright like last week and he said the team is well prepared to take is ego and personality on. He said what this man does on the field can cancel out everything else he does.
Also they interviewed Jerry Manuel and he said that he has experience with players like that, such as Albert Belle and Frank Thomas.

So idk, IMO i think that if the Mets are winning, Manny will be fine. If they are losing then prepare for Manny being Manny.

But im down for it 10000000% he is hands down the best hitter of our generation.

My Blue Jays might not be so hot this year, at least they won't be overhyping the season this time around.

Hitting may be alright but the pitching is where I'm worried.

BASEBALL IS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Caribbean World Series is on right now!
Venezuela vs Dominican Republic
on the MLB Network

Ok guys, I'm back. Anyone miss me?? No?? Didn't think so.
Anyways, back with some updates. Keep in mind I haven't read too many posts prior to this, so some of these may be repeated.

Sean Casey has retired at the age of 34 & will now join the MLB Network team as a studio analyst.
Great guy, great player, he was always a guy I liked to root for. Hope he does well on MLB Network, I'm sure he will.

The Mets have signed John Maine & avoided arbitration.
Maine was & the Mets were $800,000 apart, but agreed on a deal that would pay him $2,600,000.
He said that since he's been getting ready for the new season, he's been throwing pain free for the 1st time in 2 years.
In other Mets news, Pedro Martinez has said that he's been given contract offers from other teams, but would rather play for the Mets. He has declined to identify the bidders.
The Mets have also finally agreed on a 3 year deal with Oliver Perez worth $36 mil.
The bullpen is pretty much set!!!
Now how do they handle the left field situation??

The Seattle Mariners & Cubs have agreed on a deal that will send former Met pitcher Aaron Heilman to Chicago in return for infielder Ronny Cedeno and left-handed pitcher Garrett Olson. Both Heilman & Olson were both traded earlier in the offseason with Heilman coming from NY & Olson coming from the Orioles.

All star righty Justin Duchscherer of the A's reached an agreement with the team on a one-year contract with the A's, avoiding a potentially nasty arbitration hearing next month.
Duchscherer, the last of Oakland's arbitration-eligible players to sign, said his new deal features a guaranteed salary of $3.9 million and could bring him up to $4.05 million.

The Yankees have inked a one year deal to bring back Andy Pettite worth $5.5 million

ESPN is reporting that the Boston Red Sox and catcher Jason Varitek have reached a preliminary agreement on a one-year contract worth $5 million, two major league sources tell ESPN.com's Jayson Stark and Jerry Crasnick.

The D-Backs have signed Jon Garland. Garland received a deal that will pay him $6.25 million in 2009 and includes a mutual option for 2010.
The team is also closing in on a deal with Tom "Flash" Gordan, according to the pitcher's agent.

Last edited:
Would have been nice to watch it online with MLB.tv
Following gameday though, good game so far...

Hey BLS, you still think Manny will be in Dodger blue? They took the 2 year deal off the table and offered him a 1 year. And Manny rejected the deal. As of right now it is being reported that by Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times: the New York Mets, San Francisco Giants and Washington Nationals as teams that are monitoring Ramirez' market.
Dylan Hernandez also believes the Dodgers could possibly pursue free agent outfielders Adam Dunn or Bobby Abreu if they don't re-sign Ramirez.

Hey BLS, you still think Manny will be in Dodger blue? They took the 2 year deal off the table and offered him a 1 year. And Manny rejected the deal. As of right now it is being reported that by Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times: the New York Mets, San Francisco Giants and Washington Nationals as teams that are monitoring Ramirez' market.
Dylan Hernandez also believes the Dodgers could possibly pursue free agent outfielders Adam Dunn or Bobby Abreu if they don't re-sign Ramirez.

I don't think he will find a home anytime soon. The economy is really affecting free agency. Nobody wants to lock up a player in a multi-year deal.

I still think he will end up in Dodger Town.

Meanwhile, the New York Yankees, Los Angeles Angels and New York Mets have all indicated in recent days that they're not interested. So where Ramirez -- and the Dodgers -- go from here is as unclear as ever.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3880836

Last edited:
Well Perez passed his physical today and its official. They will announce him today at 3pm eastern, also Minaya will be there and the question will be asked. "Are you perusing Manny?" If they are or arent he should just asy so instead of beatin around the bush like he always does. Its only gonna get worse for Manny and the Mets organization.

UPDATE:
Minaya said 'I do not see him on our team as of right now'
Boras said 'Mets are one of the teams i am currently talking to for my client (Manny)'

:shocked::wtf:

Im gonna go with Minaya's answer, but damn it Boras, your a real ****in prick

UPDATE2:
Minaya says 'We are done'. also adding that only a few bench players here and there will be added.
He understands the fans and why they would want Manny, but the way this year has looked (economically) and how next year is looking, its better to lock up pitchers.
:sad: oh well

Now can we start Spring Training PLEASE!

Last edited:
White Sox could make an offer to Abreau if they trade Jermaine Dye.
The Dodgers are eying Braden Looper & Randy Wolf.
Ty Wigginton agreed to a 2 year deal with the Orioles.

Less than 9 days till pitchers & catchers report!!!

2 great games last night. Anyone else see them?
Dominican Rep. vs. Puerto Rico
This game was great, as Fernando Martinez(Mets) hit which stood as the game winning 2-run homer run.
Final was 2-1 Dominican Rep.

Then the late game was Venezuela vs. Mexico
Straight pitchers duel here. Went to the bottom of the 11th until Hector Gimenez hit the walk off.
Final was 1-0 Venezuela

Damn you know you love baseball when your itching to watch the Caribbean World Series...lol

Hey im back!

I cant wait for the season to start.

I do think the Mets are in trouble though. They need another outfield bat. I would love Manny or Abru.

Also im happy they kept Perez and 36mil over 3 years is a good deal. And no i dont like Sheets at all.

Also does anyone here play any online fantasy Baseball? I would love to play in a FREE league if anyone knows of any.

Hey im back!

I cant wait for the season to start.

I do think the Mets are in trouble though. They need another outfield bat. I would love Manny or Abru.

Also im happy they kept Perez and 36mil over 3 years is a good deal. And no i dont like Sheets at all.

Also does anyone here play any online fantasy Baseball? I would love to play in a FREE league if anyone knows of any.

As much as i would like another bat also, its not gonna happen. Omar said at the Perez introduction that they are done, other then a few minor legue contracts to bench players.

As for a free fantasy league, my buddies and i always go with Yahoo. You either create your own private league or join public ones.
Havent tried the public ones though.
But Yahoo is a good one. I also hear ESPN has a free one.

EDIT: Speaking of Fantasy baseball...would u guys like to do a league just for shits and giggles. How many are we? 5 or 6 i think right? That could be a stacked league...lol

Last edited:
Back