Mario Party 8!

LevesqueIsKing said:
Anyone? Anyone at all?

Pros: Fun, zany action
Minigames are the best, you find them, then you can go buy them and play them whenever you want
(MP 8 only) fun, wiimote controls
great for inviting friends and playing with

Cons: limited options, as in there are usually only 5-6 boards
no real storyline
gets boring if you don't always have friends around

personally, i hadn't really noticed this was coming out so soon, i thought they'd put online in, but the lag would be bad for the minigames. i have every MP from 1-7, but i don't know about this one for some reason. ill probably end up getting it though.

FWELR said:
Pros: Fun, zany action
Minigames are the best, you find them, then you can go buy them and play them whenever you want
(MP 8 only) fun, wiimote controls
great for inviting friends and playing with

Cons: limited options, as in there are usually only 5-6 boards
no real storyline
gets boring if you don't always have friends around

personally, i hadn't really noticed this was coming out so soon, i thought they'd put online in, but the lag would be bad for the minigames. i have every MP from 1-7, but i don't know about this one for some reason. ill probably end up getting it though.

thanks *REPPED*

The thing is, online wouldnt be very fun. It would be a small step above playing MP by yourself, and we all know how boreing that is... Even with microphones, it would be nowhere near as fun as have 4 people pushing/shoving/tripping/kicking each other across the room to win a single mini-game (atleast thats how my friends and I play wii, its really fun, trying to complete the task on the wii while trying to stop your friend from doing it. Anything goes, of course).

Ill probably pick up this game. I think it could turn into a great time with my friends.

LevesqueIsKing said:
thanks *REPPED*

The thing is, online wouldnt be very fun. It would be a small step above playing MP by yourself, and we all know how boreing that is... Even with microphones, it would be nowhere near as fun as have 4 people pushing/shoving/tripping/kicking each other across the room to win a single mini-game (atleast thats how my friends and I play wii, its really fun, trying to complete the task on the wii while trying to stop your friend from doing it. Anything goes, of course).

Ill probably pick up this game. I think it could turn into a great time with my friends.

muy grazi for the rep. my friends and i have a no contact rule, so we've come up with some pretty harsh insults and funny jokes to throw people off when trying to do stuff like bowling. its a lot of fun.

Totally agree, It looks like a great laugh, can't wait to play it with a bunch of people. My Wiis in my bedroom and in an awkward position to move from room to room, so I'd probably play at my friend's house where his Wii is in the nice big living room.:smilewinkgrin:

ILoveWii said:
Hey Levesque, look at these they'll sure provide you enough info to make you get the game, they sure got me pumped up to get Mario Party 8.
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=3394

Thanks alot *REPPED* Do we know who the two question mark spaces are reserved for, or has ninty not released any info on that? Please let one of them be Donkey Kong, I use him in all mario games...

It's definetly coming soon it's in the Wii commercial but sadly no online

I dont see why so many people are dissapointed at the lack of online playability. Here is a post I posted yesterday that everyone either completely ignored or absolutely disagrees with:

LevesqueIsKing said:
The thing is, online wouldnt be very fun. It would be just a small step above playing MP by yourself, and we all know how boring that is... Even with microphones, it would be nowhere near as fun as have 4 people pushing/shoving/tripping/kicking each other across the room to win a single mini-game (atleast thats how my friends and I play wii, its really fun, trying to complete the task on the wii while trying to stop your friend from doing it. Anything goes, of course).

Even if your not physically fighting to win a minigame, its still 100x more fun than playing online because the 'board game' style of playing would get way to repetetive, while when you have friends over it just adds to the fun.

I'm not sure on that video, I think it just doesn't have a name or something.

Ok well i think its time we started a little MP8 Count down i will make the first number and time a day goes by someone else make the next number and post it!

Link_of_Hyrule said:
i love how this count down went absolutely no where
Me too.

There's a differnt Mario Party thread we been using because someone has the game in possesion already.

Back