Mario

of course I have. I just never had a GC but i wanted one just for that game but then I heard about DBZ: B1 for PS2. So it was either get a GC and Mario or a PS2 and get the best DBZ game of its time.

mario is a classic. hes one of the most familiar character for nintendo, basically its trademark.

why would nintendo do that? thats like killing off zelda or donkey kong....

picture this, would disney kill off mickey mouse? nope! so mario stays :)

i haven't played a mario game since mario 64 either. i just finished watching the new trailer, and to be honest, i don't think it looks good. and i don't have anything against mario. i was actually looking forward to a new mario game. It just doesn't look like that much fun, and i like an good adventure game as much as anyone.

IMO Super Mario World Galaxy or w/e the name is looks promising

I think all the little Mario spin offs they have done have been really neat and creative (minus something like Dr. Mario, never was a fan of tetris). I REALLY like the sports titles, Mario Tennis for N64 and GC were great, and I played Mario Baseball (GC) to death!

I think Final Fantasy should just die. There are way too many of those games. Hey, Zelda is getting pretty stale, too. Let's trash it!

That makes as much sense as the OP (which doesn't have much sense).

RedProdigy said:
I think Final Fantasy should just die. There are way too many of those games. Hey, Zelda is getting pretty stale, too. Let's trash it!

That makes as much sense as the OP (which doesn't have much sense).

FF is done :( i hate to say it but its true i mean how much "new stuff" can you add to the original ones? with the GBA games ya know? i just dont understand it.

IMO, it died after FF7. however the online game wasnt that horribel

TROOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!! Hmm I shall start a thread about how much the Nintendo mascot sucks in a Nintendo centric forum I'm a genius!![/SARCASM]

I dont get why people are saying Mario games are getting boring and its the same? They arent the same because all the levels change and everything. Its got the same CONCEPT, but not everything is the same. And if its boring, then fine dont buy it. Let all us normal people enjoy our lives while you play Pong.

MARIO WILL LIVE ON FOREVER!

The_Loose_Cannon said:
FF is done :( i hate to say it but its true i mean how much "new stuff" can you add to the original ones? with the GBA games ya know? i just dont understand it.

IMO, it died after FF7. however the online game wasnt that horribel

I don't understand how you can say that.

They're a lot of stuff you can add, the latest ff game, ff12, is awesome and takes the RPG genre to new heights with its new strategic battle system. I just don't at all see how you can say that about the one of the best RPG series out there.

Just so you know each game has a different storyline, characters, battle system, puzzles, and world. It's like they're all different games with a similar charm that makes them all great.

Have you played all of them or are you just assuming they're getting old because the amount of them?

BTW what's so wrong with re-releasing the old games on GBA? Nintendo did that with LoZ and Super Mario Bros., so I don't see you talking about that as well.

Last edited:
Yes Final Fantasy DOES deserve to die. Final Fantasy is waaaaaaaaaay overated, and Final Fantasy isn't that epic. Zelda games have great storylines, and have a point to them. Mario games are classic, and Mario will live on forever.

I'm forgetting you guys mostly only play Nintendo systems since this is a Nintendo board, so arguing about FF being a good series is worthless. For all I know you guys could be hating FF for the simple fact the main series are only going to be produced on the PS3.

There really is no use in trying to convince biased fanboys, it'd take too much time.

Last edited:
Nfanboy said:
I have actually played a Final Fantasy game once and it SUCKS.

So what if I'm a Fanboy? You got a PROBLEM with that?

There's nothing wrong with being a fanboy, but you shouldn't go and spout out things you don't understand.

You may not like FF, but that does not make it a bad series. It just means you either have different taste or haven't explored it enough because obviously it's considered a great series by a lot of hardcore gamers.

Playing one FF game is only playing one FF game. Here's some news to you, EVERY FF GAME IS FOR THE MOST PART VERY DIFFERENT. There are more than 12, so you should atleast try a little bit of the new and the old before you go judging it as a whole.

Saying you played one FF game and then saying it all sucks is exactly like playing Mario Party and then saying every other Mario games suck without ever playing the others. The same can be applied to Zelda.

Last edited:
Back