Maybe another Dreamcast, Some say.

omfg... another Wii = Dreamcast thread? of course not. With all this hype and all these people trying out the Wii for the first time. Hell no. The Wii isn't going down fighting, and neither are it's customers :D

As long as a healthy supply of games come out and not tons of kiddie games i.e. SpongeBob. I know kiddie games are needed, but not tons. Games like Zelda, Smash bros., Red Steel and a few others will get the system started. And I don't really like sports games so those aren't selling the system for me. But, no this won't be another DC

The Dreamcast failed due to bad marketing, a release during a time when no one wanted a new console, and bad game support.

Wii has 200 million dollars worth of advertising. Marketing: Check.
Wii is being released alongside PS3 right before the holiday season. Release: Check.
Wii has Zelda, and every other Nintendo franchise behind it, plus games like Red Steel. Games: Check.

So tell me again, how is it like a Dreamcast?

(BTW- Dreamcast was a great, great system.)

The Dreamcast was actually a great system, way ahead of it's time and cost sega to much to produce because of that. Dreamcast failed because it could'nt make Sega any money. Also lack'd developer's not enough games came out for it. In all honesty the dreamcast is one of the greatest systems ever nothing during that time frame could hold a candle to it. In this regards I agree the Wii is like another dreamcast. Completely different approach and alot of feature's other systems dont have, its truly a next gen console not a old gen with better graphic capabilities. The Wii however will not meet the same demise as the dreamcast did due to the fact for each system sold nintendo will make money not loose, also fan base is much greater. Developers will be plentiful wanting to experiment with the Wii's motion sensing capabilities. Soo is the Wii another Dreamcast? maybe. Will it meet the same fate as the Dreamcast? No.

Back