Medal Of Honor 2 Interview 8-16

Sovieto said:
i dont know what you guys are talking about. 32 people on 1 server is NOT fun.

yes it is. have you played BF2? seems like you haven't.....arent you the guy everyone hates around ehre? nvm...

SLrocket said:
yes it is. have you played BF2? seems like you haven't.....arent you the guy everyone hates around ehre? nvm...
BF pulls it off well, because the maps are big enough, and its battlefield. hugeee maps on bf. so each maps supports 2-32 players on this game. that means either every single map is going to be EXTREMELY HUGE, or, not big enough for 32. if its extremely huge, then games are going to be ghost towns cause its hard to get all 32, so youll be playing on small maps. if theyre not big enough youre going to be just getting sniped and shanked 24/7. on top of all this there is lag, big, huge, lag.

SLrocket said:

He's probably referring to lag.

And for the record Sovieto, I have played with 32+ people on a single server: MS Allegiance. Yes, when everyone is in the same sector, there's painful lag. And yes, it's still fun. I wouldn't want to do it every game, but it can be fun.

32 players can be a blast ! The hectic action that you get !! I dont even play those matches to be good. I just play them for the action :p around every corner is a guy.

What Sovieto probably is refering to that he cant show is 1337 skills on a server with 32 people. He would rather have 2 vs 2 or something. Its just what you prefer.

I still don't know what makes him think games with a high player amount would lag.
I play mostly on full 64player servers in BF2 and my ping is still at around 50, which is the very lowest Ping I can get in every game with my internet connection.
There are lagging servers, too, but why would you play on them when you can also play on lagfree servers?

Secumfex said:
I still don't know what makes him think games with a high player amount would lag.
I play mostly on full 64player servers in BF2 and my ping is still at around 50, which is the very lowest Ping I can get in every game with my internet connection.
There are lagging servers, too, but why would you play on them when you can also play on lagfree servers?
well, you dont even know if there are going to be EA made servers or whatever. if they are all user-created servers youre screwed.

They say in the article that there servers are ready. So I geuss that answers youre question?

Sovieto said:
well, you dont even know if there are going to be EA made servers or whatever. if they are all user-created servers youre screwed.

No, I don't think that would happen. No normal broadband connection could stand 32 players at once. The only possibility would be to make it based on Peer to Peer (like WarRock ) instead of Peer to Server (which is like Battlefield2).
But this would mean that they have to rewrite the whole game which they obviously didn't since this is the sequel to Heroes1 which already featured lagfree 32player servers. I think EA will host the servers

Who says its just one server and nothing has been announced yet to pass judgement.

Sovieto said:

The odds are good that both options will be available. EA Nation is the means of connecting, and Heroes 1 had EA servers initially, with a program for user servers being made available later so players could choose their poison.

cyberzomby said:
They say in the article that there servers are ready. So I geuss that answers youre question?
guess so, now all you need to do is hope snipers arent 1 hit 1 kill on body.

IM VERY VERY VERY EXCITETD TO GET THE GAME ESPECIALLY FOR THE ONLINE MULTIPLAYER, ACTUALLY ONLY FOR THAT (IM NOT REALLY INTO wORLD WAR GAMES) BUT LOVE ONLINE AND MULTIPLAYERS,

ONE DISSAPOINTMENT ABOUT THE INTERVIEW WAS THE FACT NO OFFLINE MULTIPLAYER, THIS MEANS NO HAMMERING MY BROTHERS AT THE GAME SO THAT SUX

After looking at the first screen shots and the interview. This game doesnt look as fun as other WWII games out there. Yes its the only one i would buy for the wii but so far the pictures look cheesy, like they game from a playstation.

I use to play MoHAA on my mac and that was tons of fun. I hope it will be something like that.

Back