Metroid 3 graphics are sorta of a let down

paintba||er said:

Someone is in denial. Bioshock looks infinitely better than Metroid, there isn't really anything that Metroid has better. (just talking about graphics) But Metroid is much more fun than Bioshock IMO so that more than makes up for the graphics.

Yeah that someone is YOU. There IS INDEED something that Metroid has better graphically, many things infact. I played all the way through Bioshock, the graphics were great, mainly because of the hi-res textures, and realistic lighting, but when I then immediately switched to Corruption, I found that in an OVERALL sense, I though the graphics for it were BETTER.
Now I'm not looking to get in a pissing match discussing the hardware, I know the 360 is superior. But there are other things that count as well, like ART DESIGN, and ARTISTIC EXECUTION.
Just go to one of the Seed's in the game, where you find the main bosses, and look at the transparent hallways, with all the swirling light and pulsing walls. It is UNBELIEVABLE! And you know what? Bioshock had nothing that compared to that. It looked "real". So what. MP3 still had "better" graphics....
Understand? That's not denial. I am a veteran gamer of 20 years, and I know how to compare graphics. You kids have got to understand that there is more to the issue than so-called "realism" and "hi-res textures".
To sum it up,
Bio-shock = "Wow...cool...seen it before"
MP3 = Daaamn!!! Freaking awesome!"
And yes, the component cables make a HUGE difference if you have a hi-def TV. They are essential.

first of all. I have NOT got mp3 but it's pre-ordered for 26 og october.
The graphics looks amazing. Compare it to Other Wii games, not 360/ps3 games. SO if you compare it to other wii games, then you should be amazed?!
I think so, ABsOluTELY! But if that is VERY hard for you, Then don't think about the graphics at all! You should rather think about the game in all.
I have more fun playing ocarina of time then playing rainbow six vegas on my friends's 360. And i guess the graphics are a bit ( ahem...) better on RS?!!
( yup.) Whatever. My experience is, try to feel the game in its Everything!
...Not single aspects. Because every game has it's ups and downs. You could rather have made a thread that says, "The metroid prime 3 gameplay and graphics are sorta AMAZING!!" then this. Ok ? ;P

Wah my English is dusty
of topic: Feels good to be back on wiichat!:D

Last edited:
kevbomac05 said:
nintendo could of put a higher graphics card in the wii but they are cheap so they sell it for 250 and make a **** load of profit

Ugh why don't people do research. Did you know the GPU also is a DSP, and Physics processor?..... Sounds efficient not cheap.

I have to disagree with you I been playing this game since it was released and I was not expecting this. I compared both games and this is how one should come to a good solution. For all those who feel that this game is not up to par and wish to compare this to the game halo 2 keep dreaming this game slaughter that!!! For the bioshock fan One! this is something that you should expect from this system being that it's more powerful and whatnot, you should all be mad I was because I paid for a game that did not last long. I remember those days when the gamecube was getting chew on for it kiddie game and looks and then RE4, it's the shock that you get "I didn't know that my system could do this" that's lost. I love it when I see something like that in metroid 3 that "look at those effects" why because everyone is underminding this system and yes your entitled to your own opinoin, but give credit where it's due. This game is a must have and shows what to come from this system kudos to you nintendo!!!!!!

I think that the MP3 graphics are great. It looks similar to MP (as it should being part of a trilogy) but with more details, everything just feels more alive to me.

My friend is a total xbox fanboy (despite his 360 dieing recently) and the only game on Wii he likes is Wii-Sports but he came in and saw me playing MP3 the other day and said 'wow that looks awesome'. First time ive ever heard him say anything on Wii looked awesome so MP3 must be pretty good.

Compairing 360 graphics to the Wii is pointless though, its obvious 480p wont look as good as 1080p. Its like compairing the 360's pad to the Wiimote and rubbishing the 360s because it dosent do a punch when i wave it about.. :crazy:

OP:

your mom is a letdown.

MP3 owns in both graphics and art style. if you dont like it, you fail at breathing.

Actually I had some friends over and we were also playing the PS3 and they thought the Metroid Prime 3 graphics weren't that bad.

But yes, they could have been better.

oh lord people. This is why you get a 360 and a Wii. 360 for you graphics fix and a Wii for you superior control interface.

BTW, i throughly enjoyed MP3 and its graphics.

graphics are alright for a Wii game. i mean what do you expect from something that is not that powerful?

i'm sorry, i didnt know if you were expecting Gears of War 3: Corruption, but metroid prime has the best wii graphics to date. :yesnod:

Back