Microsoft and Nintendo join forces to annihalate Sony

Icetrash said:
The graphics on the Wii is fine..... I dont see whats so wrong with them

Your kidding right? I guess you either a, don't have an HDTV, or a AND b, haven't seen better. The Wii is last gen graphix, sometimes alittle worst actually. It's really a shame that developers are completely slacking on making the graphics better and then trying to compensate with a decent control scheme. That can only go on for so long before people start demanding something more.

ABC said:
Your kidding right? I guess you either a, don't have an HDTV, or a AND b, haven't seen better. The Wii is last gen graphix, sometimes alittle worst actually. It's really a shame that developers are completely slacking on making the graphics better and then trying to compensate with a decent control scheme. That can only go on for so long before people start demanding something more.
It's only the beginning. Developesr will make better games as time goes on. Atleast Nintendo is making some beautiful games.

Homesrfan said:
It's only the beginning. Developesr will make better games as time goes on. Atleast Nintendo is making some beautiful games.

Very true, and that's why I am content with what the Wii has to offer so far... because I know there will be some amazing experiences to come. Put it this way, as long as developers get on the ball with three things, the Wii will be a smashing success. 1.) Better the graphics 2.) Tighten the controls and 3.) Online play

ABC said:
Very true, and that's why I am content with what the Wii has to offer so far... because I know there will be some amazing experiences to come. Put it this way, as long as developers get on the ball with three things, the Wii will be a smashing success. 1.) Better the graphics 2.) Tighten the controls and 3.) Online play
Honestly, as long as the graphics are atleast PS2 or better, I'm fine with it. Great, beautiful graphics are always a plus, but not a necessity IMO. Metroid Prime: Corruption looks to have pretty good graphics. Should be a great FPS. Hopefully with online! :yesnod:

Yeah, the graphics on the Wii aren't something to rave about. I played Smash Bros (gamecube) on noticed that Twilight Princess doesn't really have a graphical edge over it, besides the ability to show more simultaneous textures -- they are certainly not higher quality.

I'd call the graphics gamecube x 1.25.

The Wii is the gameplay console. I just got Xbox 360 for graphics + online multiplay.

I say Nintendo just steals RARE away from Microsoft so we can get a better version of GoldenEye on the Wii, along with some Donkey Kong 39. :lol:

I think having all 3 companys benifits all of them. If only one console maker existed then there would be no competition and no need to better themselves. Progress would slow down or even halt.

ABC said:
Why the hell do you guys want to annihalate the one company that made this industry what it is today. If it wasn't for Sony, you wouldn't be getting a Nintendo Wii today, so take a step back and think before you retards speak.

Actually you're wrong on that one, if it wasn't for Nintendo there wouldn't be a Sony (within the video game department.). Sony was with Nintendo around the SNES era, and when they moved toward the N64, Sony wanted them to use discs instead of catridges, Nintendo declined and pretty much gave them the axe. And a couple years later Sony releases their first video game console ever, the Playstation.

Kamikaze said:
Actually you're wrong on that one, if it wasn't for Nintendo there wouldn't be a Sony (within the video game department.). Sony was with Nintendo around the SNES era, and when they moved toward the N64, Sony wanted them to use discs instead of catridges, Nintendo declined and pretty much gave them the axe.

First of all, Nintendo using cartridges for the N64 is pretty much what made it a close to failure compared to the Ps1 due to HIGH production costs for the
cartridges and the chips inside.

Kamikaze said:
And a couple years later Sony releases their first video game console ever, the Playstation

And that's where I am talking about genius. Right where your post left off. If Sony didn't turn the gaming industry into a mainstream, household industry with the release of the Playstation 1, then Nintendo would never have survived with the crappy ass Gamecube. Many people fail to give credit where credit is due simply because they hate Sony. Give it a rest already, it's getting old.

MetroidZ said:
No. Sony is annihilating itself with the PS3.

I agree with you 100%! When I heard all about the PS3 I literally thought to myself "This is going to be Sony's downfall.":devil:

I personally don't hate Sony, I just think the price for a Ps3 is a bit inflated toward what I'm used to. Also, the launch for the Ps3 was incredibly weak. Gundam was a shithole, as from some hands on with it and they only have two other games exclusively for the Ps3 at launch? That's completely terrible. What if someone doesn't peak interest in FPS games or Samurai games? What are they left with? Sports titles, that on it's older console cost 20 dollars less?

Kamikaze said:
I personally don't hate Sony, I just think the price for a Ps3 is a bit inflated toward what I'm used to. Also, the launch for the Ps3 was incredibly weak. Gundam was a shithole, as from some hands on with it and they only have two other games exclusively for the Ps3 at launch? That's completely terrible. What if someone doesn't peak interest in FPS games or Samurai games? What are they left with? Sports titles, that on it's older console cost 20 dollars less?

The 360 released with 1 exclusive and 1 semi-exclusive title at launch. Perfect Dark and Call of Duty 2. Perfect Dark was one of the worst games ever and Call of Duty was already on PC.

Perfect Dark flopped, especially with it's offline play and the numerous amount of echoing, via online. The AI was similar to a gold fish and corpses would be hitting the walls like they're in a pinball machine. Many people were interested with the system simply because hearing that there's some surprises if you pop your Halo in the 360. Also, wasn't Condemned a launch title as well, and as well as Kameo?

Last edited:
Kamikaze said:
Perfect Dark flopped, especially with it's offline play and the numerous amount of echoing, via online. The AI was similar to a gold fish and corpses would be hitting the walls like they're in a pinball machine. Many people were interested with the game simply because hearing that there's some surprises if you pop your Halo in the 360. Also, wasn't Condemned a launch title as well, and as well as Kameo?

I believe Kameo was which was crap and Condemned may have come out right after launch which was actually pretty good if you were into those type of games. But honestly, if you size up the launches, there wasn't anything great at the launch of the 360, nor the Ps3, and if it weren't for Zelda, neither the Wii. Launches are for the hardcore... the ones that don't mind getting a half assed rushed title just to say they have the system. I do it with pretty much every console, but I know they will just get better with time. A.K.A. the 360 finally having some worthwhile titles.

Kameo was pretty much an N64 game, as it was then nixed, graphics revamped and viola, serve it on a hotplate of $59.99.

Back