MoHH2 Physics Engine!!!

Dan.Skater

is brawling in his mind
Dec 28, 2007
The northeast MoHH2 persona: DanSkater
Wii Online Code
3494-2395-1090-8439
I never knew that MoHH2 had a slight physics engine!!!

OK i was playing a multiplayer game and i threw a grenade on the floor and kicked it against the wall (in the little room in Port) and it bounced of the wall back to me so i kicked it again, after that i kick it to the corner and it bounces off 2 walls, and then it killed me but thats besides the point.

Unfortunately the physics only apply to grenades. But still...

I know many of you knew that grenades can bounce but have you ever imagined there was a little devious physics engine behind it?

uh...what kind of fps DOESN'T have physics nowadays?

and you know you can lob grenades and bounce them off walls too...

Bodies react differently to different guns as well. It's not advanced either, and there aren't many different animations, but most (not all) shotgun kills look different than most mp40 kills.

@ Body's : That hasnt got anything to do with physics

@topic: Indeed! Where have you been? All the games where you can throw grenades have that physics effect in them

cyberzomby said:
@ Body's : That hasnt got anything to do with physics

What do you gather it has to do with?

It isn't as advanced as what people expect from ragdoll physics, but it is about what level of force the guns put out and how the bodies respond to that force. It isn't 100% consistent, as stated, but that is physics.

No thats just a simple:

If player shoots with this than load that animation. If bullet comes in at this speed than load this animation.

At least thats the feeling I get with most death animations. They do react the way they supposed to react from grenade explosions though.

cyberzomby said:
No thats just a simple:

If player shoots with this than load that animation. If bullet comes in at this speed than load this animation.

Ragdoll physics IS a replacement of static death animations with ones that react to their environment. Ragdoll isn't simple, but simple physics are still physics.

Theres no ragdoll in this game ?

Ragdoll is that a person almost never falls to the ground in the same way. But now they do. I see the same death animations over and over. Not the dramatic fly back because of my shotgun shots you see in for example: Unreal Tournament

cyberzomby said:
Theres no ragdoll in this game ?

Ragdoll is that a person almost never falls to the ground in the same way. But now they do. I see the same death animations over and over. Not the dramatic fly back because of my shotgun shots you see in for example: Unreal Tournament

mohh2 it is a wii game after all. its the first one and they did it pretty good.

ps did u get your copy of mohh2?

Yea I finaly did :D 1 day ahead of release so all was good :) Even was ranked 8 in the first 2 days. I love this game online :D Its crazy! I got all these "better" fps's on my pc but somehow Heroes 2 keeps pulling me back!

cyberzomby said:
Yea I finaly did :D 1 day ahead of release so all was good :) Even was ranked 8 in the first 2 days. I love this game online :D Its crazy! I got all these "better" fps's on my pc but somehow Heroes 2 keeps pulling me back!

me too eh? that game is rad. who cares about graphics? its lightning fast. whats your favourite weapons and maps and stuff? can we play each other?

vashivihan said:
mohh2 it is a wii game after all. its the first one and they did it pretty good.

ps did u get your copy of mohh2?
1st one? wtf
they had plenty of time to impliment ragdoll physics and decent animations
and for all of you who dont know what ragdoll physics is...its when you die according to how you were shot, what you hit, etc. heres a video of "fun with ragdoll physics"
[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=VDVb8ckDASo[/MEDIA]

Barbz911 said:
1st one? wtf
they had plenty of time to impliment ragdoll physics and decent animations
and for all of you who dont know what ragdoll physics is...its when you die according to how you were shot, what you hit, etc. heres a video of "fun with ragdoll physics"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VDVb8ckDASo
i meant 1st online fps game

Back