Mother+Zapper=Problem

shrek4wii

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2007
Our parents won't let us get the Zapper because they don't like the way it looks like a gun. How can we convince our parents to let us get the zapper?

that's a tough one. tell them it will add to your gaming experience. that you won't use it as a "toy" & point it at each other. who knows. good luck though

this is a toughy........then tell her to buy you the wii gun that looks like a shotgun.....that should change her mind about the zapper

wario2ooo said:
this is a toughy........then tell her to buy you the wii gun that looks like a shotgun.....that should change her mind about the zapper
Yeah, that might change her mind...or make her sell our Wii on ebay, lol. We'd probably get enough money to buy a new house (exaggerating, but not a whole lot).

i'm sorry but it looks like a gun cos that's what its used as in most games. tell ur parents to get over it.

on a more serious note, u should explain to them that playing with something that is gun-like will take away curiosity of guns, therefore, there is actually less chance that people will mess around with real guns and weapons if they have had experience with something fake such as the zapper. (if they don't believe you, tell them to find a good psychologist and/or philosopher and ask them for their opinion)

Tell them that! i bet they'll buy you 4 zappers!!

In my opinion, just dont get it (unless you want it for Links Crossbow Training)
The trigger is in the front which is a bit akward. The whole thing is small which can be quite akward. It takes forever to set up (akward). The sensor is off which is also akward.
The whole thing is just akward and I would recommend against getting it. You dont NEED it to play ang games since it doesnt provide any buttons/motion sensing.
(I have one. I'm selling it tomorow)

If you're completely hellbent on getting it, try explaining that you'll never try to learn from it or use it as a weapon.

Im taking mine back to EB Games cause i havnt played Links Crossbow Training which took an hour to finish since i got the game and also the Zapper doesnt seem that fun anymore. I would much prefer my $50 back.

drunk_duck said:
i'm sorry but it looks like a gun cos that's what its used as in most games. tell ur parents to get over it.

on a more serious note, u should explain to them that playing with something that is gun-like will take away curiosity of guns, therefore, there is actually less chance that people will mess around with real guns and weapons if they have had experience with something fake such as the zapper. (if they don't believe you, tell them to find a good psychologist and/or philosopher and ask them for their opinion)

Tell them that! i bet they'll buy you 4 zappers!!
Yeah, but I'd need two more brothers or sisters to use them all. lol. Thanks, I think that might really work.
On the other hand, I did hear something about how it messed with the nunchuck...whats that about?

My brother loves it in Resident evil. I'd say, if you have a high enough amount of money to spend on games, that the $20-25 you spend on the zapper is worth it.

Back