MP3 or Twilight Princess

robbied

WiiChat Member
Nov 26, 2007
Hey guys,

I know this has been asked 99939322323 times but I need some advice from people who have played both MP3 and Twilight Princess. I am trading in Transformers and I only want to get either MP3 or TP for the time being.

I have never played a Zelda or Metroid game. I have never really played RPG's but I have played a lot of FPS, GTA's and of course the older games like DK, Super Mario World, Street Fighter etc. I know I like games that are not repetitive or tedious as I get sick of these even before finishing them. I like games where the story evolves and never stays in one place long enough to get tedious or boring.

I know you are probably going to say rent them but I don't wanna get immersed in a game and have to give it back after 1 night.
Based on your experience on both games what do you think I will like better?

Metroid you probably like better..

I didn't really like LoZ:TP because I am a Zelda noob XD

I enjoyed Twilight Princess better. A very long game, but if you like adventure and an epic one, this is one like no other.

both games are good. just depends on if you want to shoot things with a gun or kill stuff with a sword. and zelda has a lot better story. mp3 storyline is stupid

Zelda has a better story, and a much longer one at that. However, Metroid has more shooting/action, where Zelda is more thinking...

ASHJN said:
Zelda has a better story, and a much longer one at that. However, Metroid has more shooting/action, where Zelda is more thinking...

yea zelda does take more thinkin. i think it makes the game better i like most of the puzzles. except the one to get to the sacred sword(if that is what it was called. cant remember) with the two statues. that took me a while

Both great games but out of the 2 i would say i prefered MP3, even though it is a bit short. Both games do feature a bit of backtracking at times.

Zelda TP is a third person adventure mostly made up of exploring with a fair few puzzles. It should probably take between 40 and 60 hours to complete on average.

MP3 is an first person adventure involving quite a bit of shooting and a few puzzles. It should take between 12 and 20 hours to complete.

You could always get a VC points card and get both N64 Zelda OOT and Snes Super Metroid. Although their styles have advanced a lot the basic game mechanics are still pretty much the same so it could give you an idea which you would prefer.

Well you can't go wrong either way, but just know before you play MP3 it's not your average FPS. It is loaded with exploration and puzzle solving. So it's not all about shooting. In a way these two games are very similar.

i am a videogame n00b (both Mp3 and TP) never knew what a zelda/samus/resident evil was before getting my wii
ZELDA was fantastic....very creative and fun to explore -
MP3 was good, but not so much fun...just shooting and some sci-fi set (which we've seen in million movies)

Zelda wins hands down... right up there with Resident Evil 4

Malachi said:
Zelda is boring crap. It's just Tomb Raider with an Elf.

I feel insulted!

I liked Zelda better, but I am a metroid n00b and honestly after playing many games, i was used to the game just handing me the answer to puzzles, and metroid's made me just wnt to turn the game off and put it on the shelf. Also saving anywhere would have been a nice feature.

Back