mp3 playback leaves much to be desired

Mark OTVII

i dream of xenu
Feb 14, 2007
NY
Wii Online Code
5988-6040-4514-3565
I don't understand how they can launch this console with mp3 playback capabilities, yet you can only play a single mp3 during slideshow mode on photo channel. It would be nice if they offered a software update so it could actually play mp3s, playlists, etc..

Not sure if you know but the Wii has the Channel feature that allows them to release new channels which features such as MP3 Player which you could buy for Wiipoints. . .maybe they are creating this and waiting to release it at the appropriate time.

paintba||er said:
Ya but if they have something like that then they're going to have to add support for external HDD's and MP3 players too.

They wouldn't HAVE to since a 2GB SD card could hold a decent number of MP3's. . .but it would be nice to support a Harddrive and actually be able to save games, play VC titles, etc directly to/from the harddrive..

paintba||er said:
Personally I don't think that 2GB is really enough space for music. I would need at least 15GB for my music.

Well my laptop has SD support, so does my palm pilot which i use as mp3 player, and get along fine with 1gb. decent mp3 playback would be nice since the Wii accepts SD cards, and plays mp3s. hopefully a software update or another 'channel' will allow that. not much to ask for.

Mark OTVII said:
Well my laptop has SD support, so does my palm pilot which i use as mp3 player, and get along fine with 1gb. decent mp3 playback would be nice since the Wii accepts SD cards, and plays mp3s. hopefully a software update or another 'channel' will allow that. not much to ask for.

Yes but it would still be nice just to be able to plug in an iPod or a external HDD.

Back