Music on the Wii?

Chewy

Shmunior Member
Mar 29, 2007
Ohio
Wii Online Code
4482-2919-0549-8845
I think it's kind of ridiculous how the Wii can't even play music CDs, considering the Playstation 1 could do that.

Does anybody know if they are planning anything in the future so it will be able to do this?

Chewy said:
I think it's kind of ridiculous how the Wii can't even play music CDs, considering the Playstation 1 could do that.

Does anybody know if they are planning anything in the future so it will be able to do this?

They will be adding a DVD player in Wiis later this year. So it's going to cost more. It may play CDs as well. :wink:

SS4 Vegeta said:
They will be adding a DVD player in Wiis later this year. So it's going to cost more. It may play CDs as well. :wink:

By adding a DVD player do you mean in the second generation Wiis, or that they will be enabling a DVD player that is allready in the Wii?

I don't mind paying wii points for it, because I can get those for free :)

Go to photo channel, then slideshow. Click A and click something like 'change music'. The music files you added to your SD card will be here*.

*note : Photochannel will only accept .mp3 and i think .wav files.

alternatively, use google and search for the words fine+tune..... excellent Wii interface, needs to be set up via a pc first though

The best way of using the wii as a "multimedia center" of sorts is Orb. Once you set up the software on your PC, you can use the opera browser in the wii and navigate to orb's website. Once you log in, you can access the music you have chosen to share, as well as photos and videos (TV too if you have a tv-tuner card on your PC). You'll basically stream data down to the wii through your network and from my experience it's quite smooth.

Back