My CD is scratched.

ewwwwwww nice minty disk....
I remember reading in the manual and it said to use a tissue or some soft stuff and wipe gently accross the surface. forgot what it was for tho lmao

Does the disc still work normally? If so, don't worry about it, just be careful with that disc in the future.

I think it does but it's scratched I'm gonna ask Nintendo to replace it.

Wow I was talking to a nice Nintendo representative. Wow she sounds so nice. I was so happy! I thought I would get a junkie so meen. Anyways I'm getting my new Wii Sports CD. YAY! I'm so happy.

Michaelk said:
Im currently trying a toothpaste method.
The toothpaste method is the best method for repairing a scratched disc. If that don't work, you are in need of help my friend. I think you said your Wii is scratching it? Send it in to Nintendo if it is still in warranty and have them repair it.

I dont think my Wii is scratching it.

Ok, It's most likely the cardboard sleeve, there are people who sell actual game cases for Wii Sports on ebay (Like a game case for LoZ:TP or MSC.)

So if you buy one of those (They're like, 2$.) your discs probably won't be scratched again.

:thumbsup:

why get all worked up over some hairline scratches? no matter how well you take care of CDs, they are going to get scratched. the only way to avoid getting a CD scratched is if you NEVER take it out of the case. even then some cases will still cause a small scratch or 2.

btw dont double post. just hit the edit button under your original post or wait for someone else to post before you post again (unless its been a while)

maybe ur dog or your brother or sister licks them... just to get you piss lol

anyways..
the nintendo customer service are sure nice these days.

To remove scratches off a CD you can use toothpaste but banana also works. Heres a tutorial on how to remove scratches off a CD with a banana http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS2NMeUBArs

Or use the toothpase method which i dont think you did it right
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z537As9ehXo

If you cant understand this dude ill tell you what to do.

1. Get toothpase

2. Smudge toothpaste around the cd so its all covered

3. Leave for 5 minutes

4. Run water all over the cd until the toothpaste has come off (all of it)

5. Get a cloth or a t-shirt that isent dirty and wipe it

Last edited:
19 Words, Been there, done that, didn't work. I even used the exact instructions from those videos and what you said.

Back