My DS goes where my Wii fears to tread (Online problems)

BeardedFerret

WiiChat Member
May 28, 2007
Hi guys,

I've had a Wii since (Midnight) launch and I'm really enjoying it. Glad to see you are too.

A couple of months ago I moved into a new apartment and my Wii was put in a room separate to my wireless router, whereas before it sat directly beside it. The Wii is roughly 10-15 feet away from the Router, separated by one wall of unknown substance (I'm fairly sure it's not lead).

Since the move, the Wii has had great difficulty connecting to the internet. It will find the AP usually on the second try, and report at least 3 bars of signal strength. Occasionally it will perform a successful connection test and WiiConnect24 stuff like the weather channel will work for a while, but the Internet channel and the Wii Shop Channel are, 99% of the time, unusable. What bothers me is that my DS, with its Internet Browser, will connect to the internet and load pages while it is sitting on top of the Wii.

So, any ideas? Why will my DS connect where my Wii will not? Help me, guys!

Please?

Do you have a computer near the location of the Wii? If so can you install networkstumbler and find if there are any other wireless access points (neighbors) which are interfering with the signal?

Contrary to popular belief (especially on this forum) channels 1 and 11 are not automatically the best choice.

Back