My experience at Toys 'R' Us

laguano

Wiichat Member
Oct 28, 2006
California
well, i live in a city by Pomona (California) and they have a Toys r us there, so i went to the TRU, And when i got there, i was like, OMFG!! and there were about 100-150 people waiting in a line!! i was so sad, and so i got off expecting that they didn't have 100+ for reservation, then, about after 5 minutes waiting in line, I overheard the Lady in front of me saying, did you get a ticket yet? to the lady behind me, the lady behind me said, oh no!, i didn't so the lady behind me said to her friend next to her, i have to go get an ELMO ticket. i was so freaking pissed but also relieved that there was NOT 100+ people waiting for it, thinking that it was eleven, i tried to see if i could get in, since there was nobody else waiting there for a Wii, so i went to the front of the line and i found out that DST was over today! so i came before it opened! argh i was mad, then noticed that 2 minutes later all the elmo people ran in the store and I went to the 'R' Zone, that game section thing, and there was about roughly 40 people waiting there, and only 20 presale tickets, people camped out over here and actually waited, 20 for wii 7 for ps3, i was sad, so after waiting in line again, i got disappointed that they wouldn't let me get one...

Last edited:
Heh, I was lucky I suppose. I went 5 hours before the store opened, and they had about 23 people waiting there. They had 8 PS3s, 20 Wiis, and 125 Elmos. Elmo people only started coming 9:30ish (Store opened at 11), and I was luckily 14 out of 20 (If I remember correctly). There was someone there for a PS3 since FRIDAY!

now my motto would have came in handy...Expect the Unexpected!!!
Be prepared for the worse.....thats why I am waiting a whole day in line for one!

Joe said:
thats why I am waiting a whole day in line for one!
Are you serious ?
You could just Pre-order one . And if you expect the unexpected , you might not get the Wii , there might be alot of people before you.
:O

no.... but I am a very paranoid bastard!

alright somtimes you can ignore the motto but i have no doubt I will get one the first day!

Last edited:
My suggestion to yall is: At 12:01 Midnight on the 19th, order one to Toys R Us (This is what the phone ppl said at 1800ToysRUS). Order it overnight and you will get it by the 20th :)

i went to tru to preorder the wii and i would have gotten to preorder it but the were giving multiple tickets to people (ex. 3 wii tickets to one person)

eco51 said:
i went to tru to preorder the wii and i would have gotten to preorder it but the were giving multiple tickets to people (ex. 3 wii tickets to one person)
thats f***ed up man! I would have bitched to the Store Manager about that and wrote Toys R Us an email through their customer service link on their webpage. Thats just wrong.

So... You didn't get one? It was kinda hard to follow that story. o.o

Wow... I got off lucky I suppose then. I preordered months ago from ToysRUs! No lineups, no waiting. The only thing was, once they sold out of preorders, that was it. I just noticed they stopped preorders a few weeks ago.

What? I dont get it, are there really such huge cues to preorder? What was so special about Toys 'R' us? Sorry if I sound like a newb, but in Australia, we had TOys 'R' Us preorders for over 3 months, with a free games. I went yesterday and preordered one which comes with a free game (other than Wii Sport) (Would appreciate mail over board post so its not spam :))

Still, It is pretty stupid the way Toys R Us did it, they should at least warn you how many orders they can take or something!

Back