A Feel Good Wii Story - Glad to know some people still know the meaning of Christmas

jeffyjaixx

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2006
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Wii Online Code
8270-5231-5586-9638
A feel good Wii story
December 29th, 2006

Came across this on NeoGAF, and I couldn’t resist posting. One of those stories to put a smile on your face.

I went out Sunday morning to wait in line to buy a Nintendo wii. first Target handed out tickets, they had 15 of them, I was number 16 in line.

The second Target I went to had nearly 100 people waiting outside, and it obivously wans’t meant to be, so I went halfway across town, and at that target, there were 14 people in line when I got there. I was number 15. They stated that they had 15 of them, and would be handing out tickets shortly. A lady had gotten in line behind me, and convinced herself that not everone in line was actually going to buy one, and that some of them were likely just standing in line together. She called her husband, and told him to go ahead and bring their son up there, as she thought they were going to get one, and it would be a big surprise for him.

At this point I was thinking that this lady was crazy, and there was just no way she was gettign a ticket short of someone in line dying.

They start handing tickets out at about the same time her family got there. The van pulled up, at the same moment I was handed the last ticket. Then I saw the wheelchair lift.

She was there waiting in line to get her wheelchair bound son a Wii.

She was devasted when they handed me the last ticket, the look that only a parent knows all to well when they let down their child.

I turned and gave the boy my ticket, managed to get out a “Merry Christmas”, and quickly walked away.

They were crying when I left.

It felt good.

It sucks to know that I cannot win, but at the same time…..It felt like a win to me.

Needed to get this story out a bit. Take it for what you will, but It felt good to be a little bit of Santa this Christmas.

Do me a favor if ya can, help those who need it this christmas, even if it’s just a smile….IT really does make a difference.

Just wanted to share this touching story.

That lady set it up, I swear. lol jk

Not bad, nice to see kind people doing nice things for other people. Selfless = thumbs up by me

Awwwww....
That Was So Nice...
That Boy Is One Of The Nicest Guys I've Heard Of...

was that you? Either way, that was such a nice thing, especially when the son was disabled or any way. It just shows that there are some people in the world up put other peoples needs in front of theres. SOme people need it more or deserve it more. That story made me feel good, knowing that kid now has a wii. You have to repspect a person like that. Honestly if i was in that position, i would probably do the same. Espcially, when the kid is disabled or a family member is surprising them and turns out they cannot get one. The world needs more people like that.

Wow...

I give you some mad props man.. It took alot of heart to do something like that. Remember Karma rocks... you will get your wii and more :yesnod:

Does anyone else think the mother is a bit ignorant? It would be her fault for letting her son down if no one in line gave her a ticket.. she planned it damnit!

every 1 can say weather she planned it but who knows. Maybe she really thought she would get 1, or maybe she didnt. but u have to look at the story and assume thats how it went, she really thought she would get one, then the person gave the ticket so she could get one.

Yeah but, she *knew* that there were already 15 people. It says that she convinced herself that there were people in groups for 1 Wii. Well this is a pointless arguement, but just saying..

Esco27 said:
Yeah but, she *knew* that there were already 15 people. It says that she convinced herself that there were people in groups for 1 Wii. Well this is a pointless arguement, but just saying..

it happend, nothing we can do bout it... Lets put it this way.. if she set that up, then shame on her, yet her son was probably disabled, but if she had him come to get some1 to give there ticket, then that was wrong, if she actually didnt know and some1 gave her there ticket, then she was very lucky, thankful and that person did the right thing either way.

exactly, i think it wasent a set up. we are thinking too much bout it. they are going way to deep into this. It was a nice story and the person was very generous.....

Back