Bestbuy sold out of Wiis... PS3s are sitting on the shelf!

darthbeaverxp said:
K first of all calm down dude, im not trying to make people get as mad as you. Im not a fat greasy shithead, im pretty stubborn. You don't know me dude. Im 16, im 6 ft 1, im 155 lbs. Im the opposite of fat. Why would this forum make someone commit suicide? If anybody is going to be committing suicide its you because you're throwing a hissy fit. How old are you? Because you're whining like a kid, no offence, either that or you're just really erked. Anyways... My grammar is msn grammar, i dont want to be bothered typing perfect grammar on here, whats the benefit in that? To impress fanboys? Im a good writer when i want to be. How can you say that blu-ray is 100% finished its brand-new you idiot. You know **** all about blu-ray. I guess you've had a bad experience with playstation consoles, but too bad for you, cause all mine have worked great and most do. What do i copy and paste? Everything iv said has been my words.

OK, here's the deal....

First post, but honestly, this argument could've been wrapped up a long time ago.

PS3 - amazing graphics, great games (oh how I wish I could have this system for the new Gran Turismo), innovative, a serious beast. BUT, it costs more than it probably costed to have my Gall Bladder removed a year ago.

Wii - not amazing graphics, but still looks wonderful, especially if you don't have the $3000 TV it takes to run a PS3 and make it look like it's supposed to. GREAT games...yes, they're the same, but they're different and they're ridiculously fun. Ok, I can see the appeal of Ninja Gaiden and all of the strategic games for PS3, but come on...Kart...seiously. My friend, who HATES video games, and I mean she just rolls her eyes and walks away when I start talking about them, LOVES the Wii, and aches to play it. Her eyes lit up when I told her I was going to buy one. Plus, it's perhaps even more innovative than the PS3. Cost = a year's supply of Ramen.

Xbox 360 - Very good graphics, at least comparable to the PS3. STUPENDOUS games...be aware that if I stay with this forum, I will most likely be gone for a month or so at some point because I will have A) sold way too much of my own plasma and sperm to afford the system and will be recovering and B) will be playing Halo 3 until my eyes bleed. Not incredibly innovative seeing as all the ideas they implemented were already in development by the other console teams, but they did it first. And priced within reason.

For me it really does come down to price and fun factor. I can have fun with all of the systems, but if I'm working 50hrs/wk from now until enternity trying to afford them, then what's the friggin point?

All of the systems have their merits....all of them, there's no need to BS ourselves by saying the Wii is SOOOOOO much better than the PS3. It's not. At least not in some areas. But there's no need for PS3 fanboys to be saying their system is sooooo much better either. It's not. At least not in some areas.

TheMix said:
OK, here's the deal....

First post, but honestly, this argument could've been wrapped up a long time ago.

PS3 - amazing graphics, great games (oh how I wish I could have this system for the new Gran Turismo), innovative, a serious beast. BUT, it costs more than it probably costed to have my Gall Bladder removed a year ago.

Wii - not amazing graphics, but still looks wonderful, especially if you don't have the $3000 TV it takes to run a PS3 and make it look like it's supposed to. GREAT games...yes, they're the same, but they're different and they're ridiculously fun. Ok, I can see the appeal of Ninja Gaiden and all of the strategic games for PS3, but come on...Kart...seiously. My friend, who HATES video games, and I mean she just rolls her eyes and walks away when I start talking about them, LOVES the Wii, and aches to play it. Her eyes lit up when I told her I was going to buy one. Plus, it's perhaps even more innovative than the PS3. Cost = a year's supply of Ramen.

Xbox 360 - Very good graphics, at least comparable to the PS3. STUPENDOUS games...be aware that if I stay with this forum, I will most likely be gone for a month or so at some point because I will have A) sold way too much of my own plasma and sperm to afford the system and will be recovering and B) will be playing Halo 3 until my eyes bleed. Not incredibly innovative seeing as all the ideas they implemented were already in development by the other console teams, but they did it first. And priced within reason.

For me it really does come down to price and fun factor. I can have fun with all of the systems, but if I'm working 50hrs/wk from now until enternity trying to afford them, then what's the friggin point?

All of the systems have their merits....all of them, there's no need to BS ourselves by saying the Wii is SOOOOOO much better than the PS3. It's not. At least not in some areas. But there's no need for PS3 fanboys to be saying their system is sooooo much better either. It's not. At least not in some areas.

I couldnt have said it better then that.

Yes PS3 and 360 has better graphics then the Wii. Wii already know that.

As TheMix said each system has their merits.

all i say is,that i can justify some games with crappy graphics on my $250 Wii,what i can not tolerate is crappy graphics on a $600 piece of machine with a second rate blue ray player.

wii is more fun than ps3 and xbox put together. I dont care about the graphics i only care about the entertainment.

graphics do matter,but wii can do great graphics,RE4 and zelda TP dont even compare to 360/ps3 standards,but those are AAA games,and hell!! even better than any other next gen games to date.

ClassicFitness said:
Message to all PS3 fans who don't like Wii graphics: STOP bitching the Wii by putting the worst screenshots you can find...ok?
Here's a GAMEPLAY shot of RedSteel. It's not that bad. Of course PS3 have better graphics but don't exagerate the difference between the two systems.

i think these graphics are exellent, i don't see how any1 can say otherwise. Makes me think what graphics will be like in 2007 for the wii, i think sony are in for a bigger shock as well as microsoft than they expected.

Lycan21 said:
wii is more fun than ps3 and xbox put together. I dont care about the graphics i only care about the entertainment.
Um 360 and ps3 have great entertainment. So u say that the other consoles entertainment is total **** just because it doesnt have a VR controller? Well than i guess n64 sucked, and i guess gamecube sucked (which it really did) and i guess every console except for the wii is a total waste of time isnt it.

darthbeaverxp said:
Um 360 and ps3 have great entertainment. So u say that the other consoles entertainment is total **** just because it doesnt have a VR controller? Well than i guess n64 sucked, and i guess gamecube sucked (which it really did) and i guess every console except for the wii is a total waste of time isnt it.

i think he was stating the wii is a lot more entertaining than them, not that the ps3 and xbox are crap, just the way he worded it sounded like that, id agree the wii is a hell of a lot more entertaining, but i still like normal controls..... but i think in a year i wont want to play games with a normal controller ever again.

I like all game systems. Seriously guys, i'm not one of those "let's all hug and make nice" ppl, I really do. Just bought tales of symphonia, played it for 4 hrs. straight. (a great game :) and for only $20 :yikes: ) This is for the gamecube. I love R&C (ratchet & clank) so much it's not even funny, I think i'm going crazy waiting for their next installment. R&C is for the PS2. I loooove Halo as well, and I mean alot. This is for xbox(360)

Like TheMix pointed out well, they got their own atributes that we love about each one, we shouldn't flame any of them. However, those of us that are real gamers (i'm not bragging about how superior I am, i'm just saying that there are a lot of kiddies on here as most of you have noticed >.> ) know that although we love one console better than another, there's something about the other console that you really want.

Intellectual gamer: "I think the Wii is much better than the PS3, however, the graphics are very nice on the PS3, and like a lot of the games that will becoming out for it in the future. I also envy the online capabilities and games of the 360. The Wii, however, provides better entertainment, great games, as well as a new perspective of looking at games."

Noob gamer that thinks he knows everything: "Dude, OMG the PS3 scks so f***ing hard!! The Wii is so much beter because its controller looks like a remote and the Wii has Zelda :D :D :D :D :D The PS3 is overpriced s**t w/ no games and anyone who has it has no life and is a fat nerd! The 360 sucks also because all it's got is Halo and anyone who likes Xbox are Microaft fanbys and are fat nrds too!"
:drool:
Notice that the intellectual spells everything properly (which doesn't matter that much, just making a point) and the idiot noob doesn't. The intellectual gamer states his reasons for liking what he does, but still represents his liking for other features on other consoles. Plus, the 2nd guy is just a dumb ass noob! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

darthbeaverxp said:
K first of all calm down dude, im not trying to make people get as mad as you. Im not a fat greasy shithead, im pretty stubborn. You don't know me dude. Im 16, im 6 ft 1, im 155 lbs. Im the opposite of fat. Why would this forum make someone commit suicide? If anybody is going to be committing suicide its you because you're throwing a hissy fit. How old are you? Because you're whining like a kid, no offence, either that or you're just really erked. Anyways... My grammar is msn grammar, i dont want to be bothered typing perfect grammar on here, whats the benefit in that? To impress fanboys? Im a good writer when i want to be. How can you say that blu-ray is 100% finished its brand-new you idiot. You know **** all about blu-ray. I guess you've had a bad experience with playstation consoles, but too bad for you, cause all mine have worked great and most do. What do i copy and paste? Everything iv said has been my words.

Judging by how your post has nothing to do with what we've been arguing about, I guess you've run out of smartass things to say, so I'll take it that Nintendo>Sony aka I WIN! YOU LOSE! HA!

lmao also your 6ft 1" at 155lbs backfired on you, because I now know that you're a boney ass whimpy kid.. I see now why you're mad at the Wii, it's because you can't swing the Wiimote without having your skinny ass arm snap off.

haha later loser

Esco27 said:
Judging by how your post has nothing to do with what we've been arguing about, I guess you've run out of smartass things to say, so I'll take it that Nintendo>Sony aka I WIN! YOU LOSE! HA!

lmao also your 6ft 1" at 155lbs backfired on you, because I now know that you're a boney ass whimpy kid.. I see now why you're mad at the Wii, it's because you can't swing the Wiimote without having your skinny ass arm snap off.

haha later loser
Not cool man. :mad5: Just because other ppl have a different view then you, doesn't mean you should flame them. You'll get a bad rep and no one will like you, we don't want that do we? Now calm down and tell him what you think more calm like....and if you don't i'll punch your face in and give you internal bleeding!!!!...I mean....plz just settle resolve this matter more calmly....lol. :lol: (wow that was weird)

wiicanada said:
Well, if you're in it for just the gameplay you're right... The problem with 360 is it can do everything a PS3 can, but u have to buy HD drives and such which ends up making it more expensive. If you want a tv based computer, ps3 is the way to go. If you want innovative gameplay, it's Wii. If you want Halo 3, it's xbox360... Its just that simple!
no,you don't need to buy the hd dvd player,it's a option.Unlike sony who just had to put that damn blu-ray player in it.
and xbox doesn't do all the stuff ps3 does, ps3 does all the stuff xbox does.But 360 does it better.

ssbb_lover said:
Not cool man. :mad5: Just because other ppl have a different view then you, doesn't mean you should flame them. You'll get a bad rep and no one will like you, we don't want that do we? Now calm down and tell him what you think more calm like....and if you don't i'll punch your face in and give you internal bleeding!!!!...I mean....plz just settle resolve this matter more calmly....lol. :lol: (wow that was weird)

lol dude, the "Nintendo>Sony, I win you lose" thing was just an exaggerated impression of beaverxp

iv got one wii with tp and sports and an xbox 360 epack and rainbow six vegas this equals 500 or i could get a ps3 with one game (mabe) for 600 pounds or on ebay now for 1000

Back