My options are slim with using wii online, Please help

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
I have a netgear that got 2 stars when i looked it up online to see how it connects to the Ds which is going to be the same for the Wii. SO i planned on buying the Nintendo USB, but when i took the test to see if it would work with my computer it failed because of firewalls and some other stuff. The only way for that to work is if i was able to disable all of that stuff which i am not sure if its possible at all. What should i do?

How is every 1 else connecting to the internet? What r u guys using?

Well you can always go wired by getting the cord...o god i dont know ask someone who knows all about the USB and all that other stuff. or get better wireless internet?

I didnt see a wired cord, im not sure if that would help... My dad wouldnt get a new router..thanks for the reply. Any 1 else have any ideas...

GreyKirby said:
im going to wait for the wiired usb plugin dongle thingy

thats what i want but the test failed when i tested my comp to see if the usb would work with it. I found the usb on the nintendo site..... It might not work b/c of safety and antiviruses stuff and firewalls.. Help!

I'm using the Nintendo USB and works fine with my mates DS lite(don't have one) I had to edit a couple of setting but it works fine

hopefully i will be able to switch some settings and use it!

that is what i had to do for my DS lite to play online is i had to go into th firewalls settings and open certain port numbers and allow connection to some site but now it works its cool heh

but isnt it a risk for viruses or is it still secure? its good to know that i should be able to do it hopefully...

I play with my Firewall on and never had any problems, just had to give the program full use of the internet and it works fine.

WHen i did Try Test, it said Test Failed Here is what it says ::::

The test failed NAT negotiation.
This typically means a device, like a firewall, is filtering traffic in your network. The Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector likely will not work in your existing environment.

how do i fix that and still have my computer safe so viruses cant just go into my comp???

Wiitime said:
WHen i did Try Test, it said Test Failed Here is what it says ::::

The test failed NAT negotiation.
This typically means a device, like a firewall, is filtering traffic in your network. The Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector likely will not work in your existing environment.

how do i fix that and still have my computer safe so viruses cant just go into my comp???

Well while this may sound harsh to some people you don't actually need a firewall if you're not a complete tard. Basically all firewalls do is stop trojan programs you may have downloaded without realising it from operating, most firewalls allow you to choose to let certain programs connect to the net (like games, updaters e.g. the World of Warcraft updater). Now if you haven't been an idiot and you have an up to date virus scanner and actually SCAN what you download instead of just opening it then you're system should be fine.

Just have your pc on with the firewall disabled and don't broswe the net on it or download etc. Now you may have trouble if your firewall is built into your router instead of your pc and there's no option to disable it, a lot of routers allow you to specify computers on your network free access or to allow access through certain ports (ports are like doors into your computer).

Does the USB dongle thing say what it actually needs to run? Any ports (e.g. just a number normally 4-5 digits long)

If I've made any errors here someone correct me.

Also I believe you can buy a lead that plugs into the USB port of the Wii and has an ethernet connector at the other end which can plug directly into your router.

Back