My Wii Will Not Turn on

RTU64

WiiChat Member
Mar 18, 2008
My LED is out and YES I have unplugged and repugged several times and it still doesn't work. I suspect the fuse in the adapter may be busted. How do I get to the fuse? The box on the fuse has a funky screw on it and i can't figure out how to open it.

thanks

RTU

• there is a weird, but rare condition that a couple members have discovered
    • unplug your wii for 5 hours / overnight (i hope this helps you)
    • click here for details
  • if you are really desperate pull the battery out also
    • it will reset your clock and calendar to 2999 (and maybe reset other configs)
    • be sure to reset your wii confg if this fixes it :yesnod:
    • i included a pic to find the Wii Console Button Battery
    • you will need a small screwdriver to remove the battery
good luck, i hope this is helpful !
it may be a little more complicated if you are using component video cables...
idok said:
Yes i did have this what you have to do is leave it about 5 hours or so because this might be because the fan is to hot or maybe you dropped.
rftravers said:
left it unplugged last night and just tried it again this morning and now it works....go figure???!!?!!?
step5.jpg
http://img.files-ds-scene.net/wii/r...-ds-scene.net/wii/reviews/dismantle/step5.jpg

The other day i was having a similar problem with my wii. When i would plug the power in the red led light would come on. Then i would press the power button and the light would go out and nothing would happen. It just looked like it went dead. The same thing happened when i let it sit for a while. Eventually i had to call nintendo and all they said to make sure that it wasn't the power chord. It wasn't the power chord so now i am wiiless for 7 to 10 days. Good luck with yours. Peace

Are you sure your outlet has power, and it's not the kind that is set to a switch? I've had that happen to me before where I didn't know why it wasn't working, and the switch for the outlet was turned off.

Ok, yeah leaving overnight fixed it. I knew the outlet was getting power b/c my TV and such was getting power (its on a strip) and now it works. thaks all

this is really weird... i've posted this and about 7/10 times it solves it... i'm glad it worked

Last edited:
good stuff

yeah, red light wasn't even coming on after trying to unplug and plug it back in several times.

read this stuff, and let it sit like 5 min with the plug removed from the back of the wii and the plug for the cable unplugged from the power strip. worked like a charm once i plugged everything back in

Mine froze once so i had to turn it off at the plug, when i switched it back on it wouldnt work. i left it for about 10 mins, everything unplugged, then it worked. apparently the wii has a surge protector which turns it off for a few minutes as protection.

my plug fuse went once as well, its very easy to change

Power out on WII - a defect

My WII was running fine and never had a problem with not turning on until one day I turned off the power to the surge protector. Left it off for 8 hours and then from that point on I have to keep the unit unpluged for a period of time for it to work.

Still working out other situations that may or may not effect the unit.

this is really weird... i've posted this and about 7/10 times it solves it... i'm glad it worked

okay,i have a question, i just moved from hawaii and had my items shipped and when i got it, i checked my wii to see if it turned on and it did, and then for 5 months now i had it storaged in the building outside and it gets really cold down there, today i just took it out because i brought my tv in and i plugged it in and the red button isn't on or nothing, the plug is on and working but the wii isn't is it because it was in the cold? because i can tell its cold, should i just leave it to warm up for a bit and then see? not sure. thanks if anyone can answer this!

Am I doomed?

Okay so! 5 minutes ago I fixed the Disc won't spin problem on my own wii. As I should turn off the wii using a screwdriver I accidently hitted the power light and it wen't out instantly. Now it won't power up, is this problem similar to the other or did I just break my own wii? And By the way, I have GH: Metallica sitting in it now..

I have the same problem only on mine I have a usb battery charger for my controllers hooked up to my wii and those would always stay on. I have tried the things Gidget suggested and they did not work. Could that charger have drained the battery so bad that I would have to get a new one?

Last edited:
Back