My Wii Will Not Turn on

If its always plugged in even if the Wii is off it will drain power from them

Also I took out the unnecessary posts keep friend code chat to the friend code section

Hang on miss read here (blame tiredness)
No power you say
Try taking it to a games shop (small time ones are best) and ask if they can get it to work on a different plug.
Failing that ask Nintendo to pick it up and fix it

Hang on miss read here (blame tiredness)
No power you say
Try taking it to a games shop (small time ones are best) and ask if they can get it to work on a different plug.
Failing that ask Nintendo to pick it up and fix it
yeah, great idea

you cannot turn on wii?

Nothing wrong with your wii machine most of the time.
It was because you unplugged for a while.
Just unplug both ends of the power cable, and unplug any gamecube controller if you did. Wait for full 2 minutes, and connect one end to the wii machine and the other directly to the power source without using surge protector.

I got it from here.
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/ts/power.jsp#no_power

i,ll help

have u tried pluging some where else?

I have a problem! We had a huge thunderstorm at my house last night and when i wanted to play on my Wii today, it wouldn't turn on! I tried the reset button, i tried unplugging everything and plugging it back in, but nothing is working. Anybody have some advice for me?

having a similar issue

some guys were working on my house and tripped my breaker, now my wii wont turn on, tried unplugging it, hasn't been touched for 24 hours, and still no power, not even the yellow standby light. if those guys tripped my wii, they're not gonna like me.

mines the same

if i leave my wii on for long periods of time and then go to power it back up again, nothing.. and then i can try a few hours later and it works fine.. its annoying, i may try and get a replacement.

Unplug EVERYTHING on BOTH sides, leave it for 30 minutes and come back, that worked for me, And that's what Nintendo told me.

I bought a Wii four days ago here in Japan, set it up and plugged it in for the first time 2 days ago, and have only played it for a few hours. I have had to plug it in and out a few times due to lack of outlet space here. At the end of today, only the second day out of the box, the power won't turn on. That is to say, when I plug the power cord out back in after unplugging it, the light turns on, then when I hit power the wii makes a little motor noise for a half a second then dies and won't turn on. symptoms on mine are similar to stoopdikid18's

"The other day i was having a similar problem with my wii. When i would plug the power in the red led light would come on. Then i would press the power button and the light would go out and nothing would happen. It just looked like it went dead. The same thing happened when i let it sit for a while. Eventually i had to call nintendo and all they said to make sure that it wasn't the power chord. It wasn't the power chord so now i am wiiless for 7 to 10 days. Good luck with yours. Peace"

This possibly can't be the fuse or the battery, I mean, for f***'s sake I've only had the thing for a few days! I tried unplugging it now for a short amount of time (5+ minutes) and a long amount of time (5+ hours) and gotten no different a result) I would try to crack the thing but why should I have to crack hardware that I essentially just cracked the packaging on? Is calling nintendo and/or just utilizing my warranty the only real;y good option?

ok so the other day i was playing my wii and all of the sudden the houses power went out. when it came back on the wii wouldnt turn on. its been a few days and i just now unplugged it. what else can i do?

Hi noahyount or stoopdikid18 did you guys find a fix for your wii not powering on problem. I just started having the same issue you have with your wii and would really appreciate it if you can share any info on how to fix the issue or any other troubleshooting tips I can try. I already did the reset of the cables and nothing and I also plug the wii with another AC adaptor at my friends house and nothing. Hopefully I hear back from you guys. Thanks.

Whenever a Power Surge or Electricity Goes out, the "Brick" plug does a saftey shut down. Unplug the Brick from the outlet and from the Wii for 2-5 Minutes. Nintendo [of America] helped me when something like that happened.

Hi and thanks for your respond BlurayPSP, I already try that and I also checked with a different "Brick" at a different house and I still get the same results. When the WII is plug in to the power the light on the power button is "RED" I push the button and the WII flashes green for a second and then powers off. To get the "RED" light on the power button again I have to unplug the power cord from the WII on the back. Hopefully there is something else I can do here at home to fix the WII as it does not have warranty and Nintendo wants to charge me $85 to fix it. Thank you for the help.

Back