N64 Controller adapter

Cabe

Wii Owner
Nov 12, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Wii Online Code
2836-6898-4933-5432
Now I know its possible to buy a USB adapter that allows you to plug N64 controllers into you're PC to either play emulators or just to use it as a controller for any game.
Would it be possible for some developer (maybe even Nintendo) to develop a N64 to Wii adapter that would enable people to use an actual N64 controller for virtual console N64 games?

As far as I can see it would be drivers that could be the problem.

You can use gamecube controllers to play N64 games, but no word on N64 controllers as yet. cant help you with the emulators.

Ill look a fool if im wrong, but i thought emulators were illigal? hence getting hold of a contoller for one might be tricky. It isnt the sort of thing you would find in a 'respectable' shop, is it?

chessaholic said:
Ill look a fool if im wrong, but i thought emulators were illigal? hence getting hold of a contoller for one might be tricky. It isnt the sort of thing you would find in a 'respectable' shop, is it?

An N64 emulator is legal if you own the cartridges that you have the ROMs for. You can use the Keyboard, a 3rd party PC controller or an Official Nintendo controller (by using something like this PSX , N64 controller adapter for PC USB ) So getting hold of one wouldn't be too hard.
I was wondering because the N64 controller is a damn good controller, one of my favourite ever. It would be totally awesome to play the N64 games on the Virtual console using a proper controller instead of the GC one which I didn't like so much.

I think I saw a video where a guy was playing Mario 64 on the Wii using the classic VC controller for the Wii. So I'm sure most VC games are design with the VC controller in mind.

People always answer these questions in the same way. Basically, I highly doubt Nintendo will ever release this adaptor, however, it's much more likely a 3rd party will at some point.

M.

Back