N64 games?

Jimmer1720

Awating Headset Support
Aug 29, 2007
Wherever you aren't.
Is it just me, or is Nintendo sort of fading away from the N64 releases on the VC??? I mean sure, I do enjoy getting the odd NES or SNES game now ad then, but N64 is what everybody REALLY wants, right? What's the deal Nintendo?

For the 800 billionth time, all Rare games except DK 64 and Goldeneye are not coming out for VC unless Microsoft agrees to it, and Goldeneye has lots of complicated licensing issues.

Without Rare's games, that leaves a rather small selection of N64 games Nintendo are able to release, which is why there are currently so few.

On the other hand, there's plenty of SNES games they could release, in that case they're just holding back. :(

Even if microsoft did agree do it, which i dont see why they wouldnt cuz its at no real competative disadvantage to them, it would be for a price. i think it'll just depend on whether or not nintendo thinks it will be worth it to pay to get these on the shop channel

Last time I checked it was about one a mounth for N64 games

I agree that I don't think enough N64 games have been launched on the VC. I also regret selling off my N64 console and all my cartridges on Ebay back in December of 2006.

I honestly believe Nintendo is costing themselves money in the long run by not making more of these games available and frankly the money they would make back on launching some of these games would probably more than cover licensing fees to other companies like Microca$h. I really don't know anything about that nor do I care.

My outlook on this, the Wii will be out of style and outdated in 2-3 years tops. Why not milk that cash cow now, especially in light of the money they have lost the last 6 months leading up to this past Christmas shopping season. All the money they could have made had they been able to produce more hardware and they keep launching crap TGFX16 and NEOGEO titles.

Back