NBA Live '08 - Released tomorrow (8/2/2007)

highroller

WiiChat Member
Sep 23, 2007
This game looks really great. I think EA Sports really did justice with the controls in the Wii. It has online gaming and tournament.

Who is getting it too? Good Luck

Tomorrow is 10/2/2007 not 8/2/2007 sorry for my mistake (TYPO)

October 2, 2007

Last edited:
yes!!! im getting this game tomorow, if not tomorow then fer sure the weekend

Tomorrow is the release day, don't know if it will be available on stores shelves tomorrow or wednesday. Sometimes is the day after the release date

Last edited:
Alright, I can not wait for this game.
I love sports games and NBA is no exception.

Might have to wait a bit to rent it, as I am tight on the cash money.

I am problably going to get it tom or day after. Whenever someones gets it tell me how it is. I don't want to buy it and find out its terrible. Cant wait for NBA on the wii.

This video game is scheduled to be released on October 2, 2007.

When the game is on the line and the ball is in your hands, what will you do? Will you penetrate, drive the lane and rise above the rim for a monster dunk, or find an opening on the perimeter and sink a game-winning three? Take control of the game with a full arsenal to win the one-on-one match-up from every spot on the floor with NBA Live™ 08.

Providing an unrivaled level of authenticity to the sport, NBA Live™ 08 introduces all-new signature go-to Moves that capture the essence of the NBA’s best, and you can now play the game on a console like you see it from

the stands. Pass the ball inside and rule down low with ‘own the paint’ post play. String together combos of fakes and shots

to fool your defender into committing and create space for the game-defining bucket.

On the perimeter, in the paint, and with unparalleled depth, dominate with your go-to move with NBA Live™ 08.

Features:

Compete for the crown: earn rewards and unlock specialty items fit for a king with The Crown, an all encompassing tracking system that tallies your accomplishments and statistics in four game modes.
All-new FIBA National Teams: Put you pride on the line and square off against the elite international teams from around the globe, including the United States, Spain, France, and more.
Signature GO-TO Moves: Featuring familiar fade-aways, floaters, step-back jumpers, and more, break out the authentic Go-To Moves of the game’s greatest players when the team needs you most.
All-New NBA Challenges: Reenact Gilbert Arenas’ 60-point outburst against the Lakers and 59 other more of the greatest player moments of the 2006-2007 NBA season.

* Rated: "E" (Everyone)
* Platform: Nintendo Wii™
* Category: Action
* Release Date: October 2, 2007
* Number of Players: 1 - 4

Has anybody picked it up yet, I'm thinking about getting if after work. I'm just wondering if anyone else has played it and would make some comments.

I have a feeling its going to be bad for the wii...don't get me wrong I love basketball games, been playing since NBA Live 2000 on N64 but there hasn't been much improvement in the live series, the 2k series is far ahead in basketball if your looking for a good basketball simulation, live is more arcade style. It'll be interesting to see how this one turns out so I'll probably rent it before buying it but please let us all know how it is.

Yeah I got the game and it is horrible. It looks great but that's about it. You have no control over dribble moves, shooting isn't that responsive, and there is no turbo. You can't edit players ratings and worst of all, they got rid of dynasty mode. You don't control All-Star and Superstar things (passer, shooter, outside scorer, blocker) anymore either. I don't know if it is any better on Play Station 2 but the only upside to the Wii version is that you'll be able to play other people online for free. I've been buying NBA Live since NBA Live 200 and I'm probably going to return this one and buy NBA2k8

I have and i am disappointed...i haven't tried it online and that is the only way i will possibly be able to salvage any game play out of it...no dynasty mode glad to see that EA sports is thinking about its fans ha...this just ended up being a 50 dollar rental for me. Worst thing is i picked it up because different sites have released screens for the wii and they show it having a dynasty mode so i feel very ripped off right now.

they r people i found who hav reviewed the game in ea forums so it really sounds like its rubbish:sick:

OH BABY.
Finally i can put the halo down and start enjoying wii again..

jess4mick said:
Yeah I got the game and it is horrible. It looks great but that's about it. You have no control over dribble moves, shooting isn't that responsive, and there is no turbo. You can't edit players ratings and worst of all, they got rid of dynasty mode. You don't control All-Star and Superstar things (passer, shooter, outside scorer, blocker) anymore either. I don't know if it is any better on Play Station 2 but the only upside to the Wii version is that you'll be able to play other people online for free. I've been buying NBA Live since NBA Live 200 and I'm probably going to return this one and buy NBA2k8

I dont think 2k8 is comming out for the wii :/

Back