Need Help With Online Connections? Come Here.

LAN adapter wont connect. error code: 552552 or something. may have something to do with the router's firewall

Cannot connect

Hello there, using my netgear dg834g v3 router i cannot get my wii online
help

umm hi i need help with wii connect24 it keeps sayin it is currently not being offrerd but my friend's works is there any way to get it to work
thanks youngerk

New to Wii

So.....from what I understand I can hook my Wii up to the net and download games for a cost. Will those games remain on the Wii system once I disconnect it from the net and are there any free games I can download and play once I am disconnected?

umm hi i need help with wii connect24 it keeps sayin it is currently not being offrerd but my friend's works is there any way to get it to work
thanks youngerk

Set your country as the UK by going into the wii settings and it should be on the last page.

So.....from what I understand I can hook my Wii up to the net and download games for a cost. Will those games remain on the Wii system once I disconnect it from the net and are there any free games I can download and play once I am disconnected?

You keep the games and they are available to play offline. I do not believe there are any free games.

Yes, you can download Wiiware games and Virtual Console games (older games from the NES, SNES, N64, Sega Master System, NEOGEO, etc.) from the Wii Shop Channel and play them offline all you want. There are no free games but there are free demos. This isn't really helping you with the online connection though, please try to post in an appropriate thread or section of the forum in the future. :)

Chief, New to Wii world and the Forum. Downloaded Tetris Party and have been trying to play my sister as she lives in another state. One of us creates a "Friend Room" and as the the other attempts to connect. The person who attempts to enter the "friend room" gets a Wii error message ( #86420 ). Upon looking it up on the Nintendo Support site says that our routers are not communicating. It says we can open ports or even shut down the firewall, but both options are very risky as far as getting a viruses. Do you have any imput that may help me. I have been able to play world battles and also play on Call of Duty online without a problem. Just appears to be an issued with linking directly between two Wii's / modums. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Chief, New to Wii world and the Forum. Downloaded Tetris Party and have been trying to play my sister as she lives in another state. One of us creates a "Friend Room" and as the the other attempts to connect. The person who attempts to enter the "friend room" gets a Wii error message ( #86420 ). Upon looking it up on the Nintendo Support site says that our routers are not communicating. It says we can open ports or even shut down the firewall, but both options are very risky as far as getting a viruses. Do you have any imput that may help me. I have been able to play world battles and also play on Call of Duty online without a problem. Just appears to be an issued with linking directly between two Wii's / modums. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Opening and forwarding a port on your router for the Wii to use will not put you at risk for a virus and it is your best option.

Help with updating please

Hello,

I've just managed to connect via my Livebox (thanks to the advice of a number of posters on this forum), but when I try and perform a system update nothing seems to happen. Eventually I get one of a range of 320.. error messages which, when you check them out on the Nintendo website, all say something along the lines of "The Wii console was unable to receive an update from Nintendo, due to a technical issue with our servers. Please try again later."

I've had a quick look at other threads on this forum that seem to be about similar problems but the answers are all very technical and I just don't understand them.

I'd be so grateful if someone could explain in simple terms what if anything I can do to get round this problem.

Thank you.

Hello,

I've just managed to connect via my Livebox (thanks to the advice of a number of posters on this forum), but when I try and perform a system update nothing seems to happen. Eventually I get one of a range of 320.. error messages which, when you check them out on the Nintendo website, all say something along the lines of "The Wii console was unable to receive an update from Nintendo, due to a technical issue with our servers. Please try again later."

I've had a quick look at other threads on this forum that seem to be about similar problems but the answers are all very technical and I just don't understand them.

I'd be so grateful if someone could explain in simple terms what if anything I can do to get round this problem.

Thank you.

OK - your Wii is saying that you cannot receive an update, but is your Wii actually connected to the internet OK ?

Have you tried to download anything, say from the Wii Shop ? Try downloading BBC iPlayer, or the Internet Channel, if you have not already done so. Does that work OK ?

If you already have these - do they work ? Can you browse the web, or watch a BBC program ?

This will help to establish what the position is, so do let us know, so we can help further ...

hey people in here i need help talking to the people online on call of duty 4 for nintendo wii and suck i have wii speak,a headset,and all is there a way you can communicate with the people online in that game?if so please send me a message back to me on here ok.thanks

Hello,

Thank you.

OK - your Wii is saying that you cannot receive an update, but is your Wii actually connected to the internet OK ?

Have you tried to download anything, say from the Wii Shop ? Try downloading BBC iPlayer, or the Internet Channel, if you have not already done so. Does that work OK ?

If you already have these - do they work ? Can you browse the web, or watch a BBC program ?

This will help to establish what the position is, so do let us know, so we can help further ...

Hello again,

Nope - I don't think I'm connected to the internet because I can't download anything.

Katie

Back