Need Help With Online Connections? Come Here.

Hello,

I've just managed to connect via my Livebox (thanks to the advice of a number of posters on this forum), but when I try and perform a system update nothing seems to happen. Eventually I get one of a range of 320.. error messages which, when you check them out on the Nintendo website, all say something along the lines of "The Wii console was unable to receive an update from Nintendo, due to a technical issue with our servers. Please try again later."

I've had a quick look at other threads on this forum that seem to be about similar problems but the answers are all very technical and I just don't understand them.

I'd be so grateful if someone could explain in simple terms what if anything I can do to get round this problem.

Thank you.

OK - your Wii is saying that you cannot receive an update, but is your Wii actually connected to the internet OK ?

Have you tried to download anything, say from the Wii Shop ? Try downloading BBC iPlayer, or the Internet Channel, if you have not already done so. Does that work OK ?

If you already have these - do they work ? Can you browse the web, or watch a BBC program ?

This will help to establish what the position is, so do let us know, so we can help further ...

Hello again,

Nope - I don't think I'm connected to the internet because I can't download anything.

Katie

OK - so starting from the beginning, and forgive me if I sound simplistic !

You said
I've just managed to connect via my Livebox

... so what makes you think that worked ?

KatieBear, try going into your router settings and change the broadcasting channel of your router to 1 or 11.

Is there a way to set it from the Wii console; similar to setting the WiFi connection on a laptop where you can control the DNS address from the laptop and not the router.

Complete novice

I am trying to connect my wii to the wireless router and have followed your instructions to the letter, but get code 51330...i then put MTU as 11 and then 1150 and now back to 0...nothing works...can you help please...and please dont be technical as i wont understand.
Also this afternoon i tried to connect my Mums wii to her wireless router and we got the same codes...
Thanks in advance
Jayne

I'm sorry but the answer will have to be slightly technical as it involves routers and going into the router settings.

First try moving the router closer to the wii or vice-versa. If that doesn't work, try a few of the things in the guide on the link:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=51330&system=Wii&locale=en_US

Most of the time going into your router settings helps and changing the wireless broadcasting channel to 1 or 11. Putting the MAC address from your wii internet settings into the MAC filtering settings on your router helps.

Hope this helps.

Hi
I have no clue what a wep or wpa is and wont know where my router settings are...the router is very close to the wii..and what is a mac filter:frown5:

to get onto your router settings, there should be an IP address on the side of the router. You type that into the address bar of the internet browser of your computer and it may come up with a username and password required. Normally Root is the username and no password is required by default. If you reach there, have a look around the settings and you may understand some of the things.

WEP and WPA is the level of security used for the wireless.

Found the ip...typed it in...typed in root but it wont let me go further...it wants a password...what do i do now, it also says this
The site says: "Default: admin/admin"

try typing in admin instead of root. Your parents should know the username/password. Try asking them for help too.

LOL.....would have to pray alot to reach Dad...and Mum is 75....lol...i am a 53yr old blonde....ok will try your suggestion...:wink:

kk, well whoever set up the router should know the password and username as that would help.

Also the instruction manual would be able to tell you whatever the default are. If all else fails, there should be a reset button on the router and hold that for about 15 seconds and it'll return your router to factory settings and you'll have to start from scratch, but then you'll be able to use the default password and username.

If it comes to that, use the follwing guide to get your wii connected.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/systems/connecting_your_wii_to_the_internet_8355.html

Last edited:
If you have any questions on how to get your wii onlineline then ask me. I will be glad to answer them.:thumbsup:

Hello Pro gamer:yesnod:
I have a problem with wii connect 24, when i want to use connect24 i get a error Unable To Connect To The Internet
ERROR CODE: 220602

I have upgrade my wii from 4.1e to 4.2e so i have a internet connection.
Also covers downloaden with usb gx loader works fine.

Wy can i not use Wii connect24 to use for example Wii shop channel ?

Regards ThePrent

Back