Need Help With Online Connections? Come Here.

Hey I've been trying on and off to get my Wii online since I got it in November and until now it didn't bother me because I figured it would work eventually and I didn't have anything online to play. Now with SSBB though, online is a must and I need help. I connect (well attempt to lol) with a wireless router but I always get the error code 52130 which is something to do with my firewall or something? Which I don't understand because I can connect to my 360 with no problems at all. I have no idea what to do, and I'm not sure if my PPPoE settings are factoring in because there's no section to put them in on the Wii (as far as I can tell at least). Some people have told me to get the USB Connector, but I don't wanna waste my money on that unless it's the ultimate last resort. So please any help is much much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hybreezy said:
Hey I've been trying on and off to get my Wii online since I got it in November and until now it didn't bother me because I figured it would work eventually and I didn't have anything online to play. Now with SSBB though, online is a must and I need help. I connect (well attempt to lol) with a wireless router but I always get the error code 52130 which is something to do with my firewall or something? Which I don't understand because I can connect to my 360 with no problems at all. I have no idea what to do, and I'm not sure if my PPPoE settings are factoring in because there's no section to put them in on the Wii (as far as I can tell at least). Some people have told me to get the USB Connector, but I don't wanna waste my money on that unless it's the ultimate last resort. So please any help is much much appreciated, thanks in advance.
Try the lan adapter. I had the same error code, I think, until I got a lan adapter thatcame with an ethernet cable.

I can't do that because my computer/modem/router are on a completely different floor than my Wii.

i have a question

this is the question: My computer is upstairs, and my nintendo wii downstairs. and i wanna use the wifi usb connector. can my usb connector reach my nintendo Wii... cuzz maybey the nintendo Wii is to far away from the computer. please answer my question :cool: thanks allready(srry im not that good in english i am dutchXD)

lstobias said:
i have a question

this is the question: My computer is upstairs, and my nintendo wii downstairs. and i wanna use the wifi usb connector. can my usb connector reach my nintendo Wii... cuzz maybey the nintendo Wii is to far away from the computer. please answer my question :cool: thanks allready(srry im not that good in english i am dutchXD)
You need to have your wii close to your router.

... another thingXD

but they say that the nintendo usb connector has a connection range of 30 meter and the com is only 14 Meter far away from the Wii and im using a usb not the routerXD please reply

I can't connect my wii to the internet post change to WEp. When it asks for my key or password I type in the one I use to access the ssid but when I look at it under my settings only 5 characters appear when my password is longer that. Also when i do the connection test it often but not always tells me that a connection is found and that it is downloading the system update. But then it fails to connect and gives me the error code 52130. I've followed the recommendations as given by support.nintendo.com but still no dice.Any suggestions?

Gwarzilla said:
I can't connect my wii to the internet post change to WEp. When it asks for my key or password I type in the one I use to access the ssid but when I look at it under my settings only 5 characters appear when my password is longer that. Also when i do the connection test it often but not always tells me that a connection is found and that it is downloading the system update. But then it fails to connect and gives me the error code 52130. I've followed the recommendations as given by support.nintendo.com but still no dice.Any suggestions?

try the usb stick.... XD

pro gamer said:
You need to have your wii close to your router.

... another thingXD

but they say that the nintendo usb connector has a connection range of 30 meter and the com is only 14 Meter far away from the Wii and im using a usb not the routerXD please reply

Back