Need Help With Online Connections? Come Here.

I am pretty sure it is. wi-fi is the actual internet.

lstobias said:
uhhm another question.... this is about wiiconnect24 what is wiiconnect24?

not trying to hijack thread, but wiiconnect24 is a free service from nintendo that lets you be on the internet, well 24/7. if you receive an update from Nintendo, a blue LED will light up on the front of the wii. Wiiconnect 24 also lets you receive messages from other people even when the Wii is off. It's fun to just watch the little blue light though! :ciappa:

My problem is a matter of not being close enough to the router in order to maintain a connection. I share a wireless connection with my neighbor. I used to be able to get a decent connection, but then I had to rearrange the room my Wii is in. Now instead of being beside a window it is on the other side of the room 25ft further away from the router. I can connect but the signal fades then I get booted. I was wondering if there is a way to either get a repeater to boost the signal or to get the Cat 5 adapter and run a cable from my computer which gets a good signal from my neighbor. If it is possible for either one of these options to work which one is the cheapest and what steps do I have to follow to set it up. I really appreciate any help I can get.

Hybreezy said:
So no more ideas for fixing my problem by any chance?
Your options are limited since you apparently have a bad interference/reception area and you've chosen to put the Wii and the router on different floors and apparently are unwilling to drill the holes to run cable like the rest of us.

I gave you a solution several posts back for ethernet over powerline.

I have just a cable modem, with multiple ports in the back for ethernet cables. I use one of the ports to connect my PC to the internet. Can I just get one of the USB LAN adaptors and plug my wii into one of the open ports of my cable modem? Or do I need a router? If I can use just the cable modem will I be able to use the PC and wii at the same time?

You can try the lan adapter. if not get a router and try it with the lan adapter. that is how I get online on my wii.

ronhextall said:
I have just a cable modem, with multiple ports in the back for ethernet cables. I use one of the ports to connect my PC to the internet. Can I just get one of the USB LAN adaptors and plug my wii into one of the open ports of my cable modem? Or do I need a router? If I can use just the cable modem will I be able to use the PC and wii at the same time?
You can probably just plug into one of the extra ports. So yes. What's the brand and model of your cable modem?

Plug the lan adapter to one of the slots.

Hi, I'm new to the Wii and the other day I picked up SSBB. I went through everything, got a connection and all that. But when I try to join a friend's game or wait for a game, I get disconnected and this message appears, ''Disconnected from network during transmission.'' What's up with that? Please help :(

You probably don't have a strong connection. It happens sometimes. It always happens to me. But it will work eventually. just keep trying.

Back