Need help!

arent there ways of reformating it to get rid of that ring of death? like what mitch did when his mom messed around with the fuctions or wtvr?

if it can be fixed then sure why not.

Its modded so its got no warranty some people in toronto said theyed fix it for $40 and there are severel methods ive researched, i also know what causes it, the cheap solder that MS used in the early versions of the 360.

sounds promising....but even after the ring of death, the waranty is still voided :(

how much is he charging you for the whole set up?

not bad IMO

go for it, whats the worst that can happen?

mr_resi said:
120 for the consle 40 for the repair so 160 CAD
err
have him get it repaired, or, give him half the cash, then get it repaired, and it that works give him the other half

well for me all i had to do was turn it on and wrap it in a towel for an hour making sure no heat escaped from it and then turn it off and let it cool for an hour and it started working again. if you can, ask him to get the hidden 4 digit error code. here is how you get it and what the codes mean:
Xbox-Scene.com said:
he specific type of hardware failure can be determined by a "hidden" error code
  • Turn the xbox 360 on, and wait till the 3 red lights are flashing.
  • Press and hold the sync up button (the small white one), while holding that button press the eject button.
  • The LEDs will now blink the first number in the code (as described below).
  • Release the eject button and press it again.
  • The LEDs will now blink the second number of the code.
  • The LEDs will now blink the third number of the code.
  • The LEDs will now blink the forth number of the code.
  • The LEDs will go back to the 3 red flashing lights.
You should be able to determine the difference between the 3 flashing lights and the error code lights by the rate in which they flash.

Here is how you interpret the LEDs to get the code number:
  • All four lights flashing - 0
  • One light flashing - 1
  • Two Lights flashing - 2
  • Three lights flashing - 3
0001 power supply problem
0002 Network Interface problem
0003 Power problem could be the PSU could be the GPU/CPU, somehow the console isn't getting clean power from the power supply.
0010 over heating
0011 over heating - If you are receiving this error after disassembling your console make sure to all 8 of the heatsync screws are tightened securely to the board/heatsink holes.
0012 over heating
0013 over heating
0020 (Not yet known, possibly overheating)
0021 DVD Drive Time out - Can be caused by problems with a firmware flash. This is also speculated to sometime be caused by a problem with the southbridge chipset on the motherboard.
0022 GPU Error / GPU Overheating
0023 (not yet known)
0101 (not yet known)
0102 unknown error
  • though it's most likely GPU related literally means the console does not know what is wrong. possibly a short or cold solder joint somewhere. So far there is 1 major theory for what causes most of these errors is that the Ram, CPU, or GPU are not soldered properly to the mother board due either to poor manufacturing or excessive heat up and cool down cycles that stress, weaken and eventually break the soldered connection.
    There are two theories to fixing this one deals with the "X" clamps that hold down the chips. The other involves re-Heating the chips. DO NOT attempt either of these if your console is still under warranty. If your console is still under warranty return it to the store where it was purchased or call MS to have it replaced. I have also heard of limited success by simply switching the AV cable from "HDTV" mode to "TV" mode.
0103 CPU Error/ CPU Overheating - see solution for error 0102
0110 Memory Error / Memory Overheating - see solution for error 0102
0200 (not yet known)
1000 (not yet known)
1001 (not yet known)
1002 (not yet known)
1003 Hard Drive Error... It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it
1010 Hard Drive Error, Can be caused buy a corrupt or missing eProm.
1011 (not yet known)
1012 (not yet known)
1013 (not yet known) possibly a dashboard update error
1020 (not yet known)
1021 (not yet known)
1022 AV cable error... There is a problem with the AV cable, try using a different AV cable. (could also be a problem with the encoder chip)
1023 DVD drive not connected, connect DVD drive to boot
1030 (not yet known)
1031 (not yet known)
1032 (not yet known)
1033 (not yet known)
1444 and up There is no "4" in the error codes four lights is a "0" go back and check your code again.

I hear about that mitch, what it does is re-aplly the soder but it can also fry the mother boared thats why im leaning towards getting it re-sodered for 40 and if i do i will do that half cash thing.

i doubt it has anything to do with solder seeing as how the lowest heat solder melts at 375F (190C). if my xbox did get that hot. it would be dead forever lol

i would

there are loads of videos on youtube to show you how to get over that problem and you could always pay a little fee to get it repaired

Microsoft and their errors... lol... even on their console :lol: :lol: You guys need to try Linux Ubuntu... it rules. With the Beryl Manager, the damn "wow" of Vista is just junk....

Sry for the off topic, thought.

Back