New Games the Week of Oct 28.

Backwards Man

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2006
As per IGN...there a few that people have been waiting for such as GH3, Manhunt, and Battalion Wars. But The Simpsons is supposedly out this week, and Spy Games intrigues me for some reason. I was surprised to see Hooked Fishing has online play!

Guitar Hero 3 - Oct 28th - I think we all know what this is about!

Battalion Wars 2 - Oct 29th - Drive tanks, command ships, pilot planes and direct your troops into the heart of the action in the return of the popular tactical action game. Tricked into believing that the Solar Empire is developing a devastating super-weapon, Commander Pierce and Colonel Windsor of the Anglo Isles launch a pre-emptive strike on the Coral Atolls. The world is once again at war. The game features a series of online multiplayer modes, including Assault (instant combat), Skirmish (tactical depth), and Co-Op (Work with friends.)

Manhunt 2 - Oct 29th - The sequel to Rockstar's sinister action game about a man who wakes up in a living nightmare where he is being stalked for sport and must sneak through the shadows and kill by whatever means he can devise in order to fight his way out. The sequel picks up with a new lead character, new gangs, a new storyline with gruesome twists and turns, and much more.

Barbie as The Island Princess - Oct 30th - No description...

Bee Movie Game - Oct 30th - Based on DreamWorks Animation’s Bee Movie film due out this fall, Bee Movie Game lets players race, chase and fly their way through an adrenaline-fueled world of adventure as they experience the hilarious antics of Barry B. Benson, a dynamic and daring bee who knows there is more to life than making honey.

Ben 10: Protector of Earth - Oct 30th - At first glance, 10-year-old Ben looks like your average, everyday kid, but upon closer inspection it’s plain to see he’s the world’s youngest action hero stopping evildoers from Earth and space! With the help of the Omnitrix, Ben can transform into heroic alien forms with extraordinary powers. The evil Vilgax, with the help of Kevin 11 and the Forever Knights, has set in motion a plan to capture the Omnitrix and the world is in danger…Ben 10: Protector of Earth is an exciting game full of familiar characters on a quest to stop Vilgax and save the day!

Dancing With The Stars - Oct 30th - Dance and perform to claim the coveted title as America's favorite celebrity dancer in Dancing With The Stars, the official video game. Play as one of 9 celebrities from Emmitt Smith, Mario Lopez, Laila Ali, Joey McIntyre, Joey Lawrence, Stacey Keibler, Shanna Moakler, Lisa Rinna, to Monique Coleman. Then pair with the show’s professional dancers, and show the judges you’ve got the star power! You'll get your dance on to 36-licensed songs and compete in all 10-dance styles lifted straight from the show – Cha-Cha, Viennese Waltz, Tango, Samba, Jive, and more! And you’ll find non-stop dance party fun with the multi-player functionality where you can play with up to 2 players in Head-to-Head or Duet modes. Get ready to let your inner dance star shine!

The gameplay in Dancing with the Stars for Wii is accessible for gamers of all ages and abilities. The Wii Remote and the Nunchuk is used to physically mimic elegant dance moves while at the same time allowing the player to add his or her own personal flair!

Disney Princess: Enchanted Journey - Oct 30th - In Disney Princess: Enchanted Journey, girls play as their own customized heroine, taking part in a fantastic adventure and helping the Disney Princesses restore order in their kingdoms. Girls exercise their creativity by choosing their character's name as well as customizing her look – selecting hair color, skin tone, dresses and more. As they meet and interact with their favorite Disney Princesses, girls discover that each Disney Princess has a unique story and magical world. These stories inspire players as they ascertain the attributes of being a true princess -- courage, friendship, trust and discovery. The game's two-player mode allows girls and their moms or friends to work together to fix the princess worlds.

High School Musical: Sing It! - Oct 30th - Fans of all ages can extend their love for High School Musical with the karaoke game High School Musical: Sing It! They'll sing their way through the original hit movie -- solo or as a duet -- plus perform all of the songs from "High School Musical 2" and other bonus tracks from popular Disney Channel artists. The game bring players an enriched dance experience featuring motion-captured-choreography from the original High School Musical movie dance routines. Players can mix together their favorite characters, songs and scenes in ways that express their individuality as they sing their way to stardom, High School Musical style.

Included with the Wii game is a microphone for gamers to sing along in the game.

Hooked! Real Motion Fishing - Oct 30th - Fishermen can hook to the limit with this unique Wii fishing game. The Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers will allow players to relive all the excitement and tension of fishing, but all in the comfort of their own living room. Explore 6 photorealistic lakes, from a meteorite crater turned lake to a man-made recreational reservoir. Play in a number of game mides, including three single player modes and a multiplayer mode that even allows fisherman to compete against each other via online WiFi play!

Simpsons Game, The - Oct 30th - Homer, Marge, Bart, and Lisa use exciting, all-new powers to save the world from rising chaos. To help the Simpsons, gamers at home must journey through all of Springfield (as well as vast worlds beyond!), vanquish an amazing array of villains, and fight their way through parodies of multiple popular games.

Monkey King: The Legend Begins, The - Nov 2 - The legend begins! Go on a fantastic journey through Ancient China as the legendary Monkey King. Deadly forces have invaded the Heavenly Kingdom and it's up to you to protect this land as you fight your way to becoming a god! Fly on your magical cloud and defeat the hordes of enemies that come your way on your quest to fulfill your destiny as the Chuka Taisen!

An arcade classic reinvented for the Nintendo Wii system, players can utilize the controls of the Wiimote to literally dodge your attackers and take control of the action! With rich graphics that depicts the beauty of ancient China from which this story came, users will be able to fly in the shoes of the legendary Monkey King and relive the tale for which he becomes famous.

Spy Games: Elevator Mission - Nov 2 - You're a secret agent tasked with recovering vital documents from the enemy syndicate. Use strategy, stealth and cunning to accomplish your mission. Get in! Get out!

The classic gameplay of Elevator Mission is back with a new twist. Utilizing the unique control functions of the Nintendo Wii, along with 3D graphics, this action game is reborn for next-generation consoles.

Hey,
Thanks for the excellent info! There are some games in your list I didn't even know were coming out. :)

Byuakuya said:
I personally feel that only Battalion Wars 2 stands out from that list. Thanks for the update.
are you kidding?! barbie ! =]
haha JOKE lol
and guitar hero 3 is a big'un too!

Manhunt 2- passing. I only picked up the first as actor Brain Cox voiced Starkweather, but going Final Fantasy and starting over with a new cast means we get no follow-up on James Earl Cash. Though I suspect the kid from Bully is his illegitimate son.

Simpsons Game- the XBL people who played the demo weren't enthused by it if that tells something.

I might getthe fishing game if it's cheap enough. Seems like we already got this in TP though.

Europe got Metroid this month! I agree, BWii is at the top. I really hope they haven't screwed up the game... From what I've heard, the only multiplayer is online...

Back