New or used?

Link_Sword

WiiChat Member
Jul 31, 2007
Hey guys i finally got money to get a 360. But which is better new or used? i have about 500 bucks to spend on it...but i'd prefer maybe $350 dollars spent on games out of this gift check i got... Cause i could also use a new guitar... Anyway, i wanted to make the most informed decision i just need prices for new and used. Also, if there is anyway possible to keep under $350 it would be awesome

Things i would want: A system
Two controllers
Call of duty 4

Anyway thanks for any advice

TPLink said:
Hey guys i finally got money to get a 360. But which is better new or used? i have about 500 bucks to spend on it...but i'd prefer maybe $350 dollars spent on games out of this gift check i got... Cause i could also use a new guitar... Anyway, i wanted to make the most informed decision i just need prices for new and used. Also, if there is anyway possible to keep under $350 it would be awesome

Things i would want: A system
Two controllers
Call of duty 4

Anyway thanks for any advice

You need to get new. Better chance of it not exploding.

Big_League_Slugger said:
You need to get new. Better chance of it not exploding.

True, get a new one. Not to mention if it might be "used" the chances of it getting the RROD can be higher. You might even be tricked into buying one that already has them.

if you buy a referb from MS (and not just a used one that gamestop or w/e put out after someone sold it to them) then it actually has a better chance of NOT getting the RRoD because they added extra cooling and fixed what was causing the RRoD. however it still has a higher chance of getting the RRoD than the new xboxs with the new chipset in them

I spent $285 on two used games, a new XBOX 360 Arcade, and a recharge kit. Really you don't have to spend so much on the system. Plus most stores only charge $60 plus tax for a 20GB hard drive.

if you only want to spend 350 now your best bet is to go with the arcade, but realize this means no xbox live until you can get a hard drive. the memory cards just dont hold enough to play online. i mean, i have 5.5 gbs just in game saves, granted thats almost 70 games, but a memory card is 256mbs.

anyways i belive an arcade is $199, that leaves you 150 dollars for games. if you wanted to spend a little extra and get the pro that comes with 60gb hard drive and a headset and wireless controller its going to run you $299 and after tax on that you wont have much left for games.

it all comes down to what you want to use it for and what games you want to buy.

after a quick search on ebay i found out used 20gb hard drives are going for like 30-40 bucks shipped.

Back