Games too expensive?

It's been my experience since I got my first PC in the early 90's that PC games are cheaper than console games - almost across the board.

I think a lot of the low price in the U.S. has to do with both the huge number of discount retailers and transportation infrastructure, as well as the competition for entertainment dollar. Both the U.S. and Japan have a huge number of other products and services in this area (e.g. movies, a million TV channels, music, etc). The big-time consumer states generally also have low prices. Also, I'm not sure how popular Sony and Microsoft are in other countries, but it may be possible that your nation has more brand loyalty toward Nintendo - thus they don't give you as much of a price break to get you on their side of the console war.

vanderz said:
Yes but hes not american so they wouldnt work on his console. He was sayin that 85$ is the equivilant of his money.

But in the uk there 25-40 Pounds.

Man is it great to live in the US. It would suck to be a European with their messed up system.

u cannot simply factor in the exchange rate in determining such things
the fact that the pound is exceptionally strong against the dollar right now makes wii prices seem completely ridiculous in the U.K.
but if u factor in average income and cost of living in the U.K. in pounds, a pound is not to a brit what two dollars is to an american
it's more economically complicated, ask an economist if u dont believe me
my point is, while wii prices may be ridiculous in the U.K. they are not as ridiculous as multiplying the cost by two makes them seem

Just to let you know most wii games are just £27-ish at choices uk, using the 10% off code BEST10

I get all my wii games from there!

Warioware is £27, supermonkey ball about £26, rayman, mario galaxy (preorder), ssbb (preorder) etc.

GoBBLeS said:
I bought my wii before christmas and love it.. I'm new to consoles, i would say. I have only had a sega master system ten yers ago or so. Well anyways; a big difference between a PC and a console is that a console is much easier to program to, becouse there's only one configuration, where as on the pc there's 1000's.

Then why is it that console games are always much more expensive?
Here in denmark, PC-games are usually around 350-400 KR(60-70 us Dollars), and cosole games are 500-550 KR(85-95 us Dollars)

PS. It's new games i'm talking about.

it all depends on how far the computer came from. Like here in the Bahamas our games cost $75 because they have to get it from florida or whatever state in america....Computers are usually a dealer ship type thing. where a computer store can be sponsered by dell so their workers will be trained to handle dell computers and because its a dealership thing, the prices will be cheaper. but the game stored over here are not a dealership. So its private, so they can sell it for how much they want to.

Our dollar is equal to the US dollar, the only thing is, our dollar can not be spent everywhere like the US dollar. But dont forget about the amount of new technology in these games. Computers can do the same, but the consoles have to work with a Tv. its more of a deal But if the company is in a dealership the prices will be low but if its a private store, they can sell the games for how ever much they want to. You rarely see computers and games sold in one store. Anything thats portable and smaller( with the same technology with the bigger set) is more expensive. Consoles are more portable than carrying a home computer with printer,scanner, camera,mircophone and speaker whereas consoles only need a Tv.

An electronics store in my area has the audacity to sell PS3 games at US$99. I had to take a secon dlook and I was right. I was not looking for a PS3 but it just caught my eye. Now, that's expensive. Wiis are basically non-exixtent too.

csiguy4u said:
Console games are no where near 85 to 95 USD, nor do PC games run 60 to 70 USD. If you are having trouble finding decent priced games, go to WWW.GAMESTOP.COM to see reasonable prices.

That's what he is paying converts into dollars. You don't pay that, but in Denmark he does.

Back