New photo channel and MP3's

Drunk Duck

WiiChat Member
Oct 10, 2007
Wii Online Code
2017-1102-3127-7409
I downloaded the new version of the Photo channel a few weeks back, but I thought the new version would disable MP3 and use ACC or whatever instead. Why I ask is, when playing Endless ocean today (not played for ages) I could still play MP3's off my SD card. :confused:

Drunk Duck said:
I downloaded the new version of the Photo channel a few weeks back, but I thought the new version would disable MP3 and use ACC or whatever instead. Why I ask is, when playing Endless ocean today (not played for ages) I could still play MP3's off my SD card. :confused:
Yes, the games will still use mp3, but the photo channel uses AAC

sremick said:
Game abilities != Photo Channel abilities

I'm guessing if he doesn't understand the reason for his current problem, he may not know what != means. Reminds me of a some guys sig on another site:

There are 10 types of people in the world,
those that understand binary
and those that don't

FRuMMaGe said:
Yes, the games will still use mp3, but the photo channel uses AAC
Thanks, thought it would be something like that.

largedarry said:
I'm guessing if he doesn't understand the reason for his current problem, he may not know what != means.
Hey, if I have to shame people into educating themselves, so be it. ;) But heck, we learned != in grade school...

Who's talking about binary?

!= is simply a convenient form of typing ≠, which like = ≈ + - * / > < are all mathematical operators.

3 + 2 = 5
2 + 2 != 5

I'm pretty sure it is rare for people to know != in grade school or any type of general education. I learned it in computer programming.

alwoh said:
I'm pretty sure it is rare for people to know != in grade school or any type of general education. I learned it in computer programming.
Rare or not, it is/was taught at my grade school. But it's no secret that the quality of education has declined... so it's quite possible that it was being taught at many other grade schools (including yours) at the same time. But since that was 20+ years ago, things could have definitely changed.

haha back on topic do you know how to downgrade it so the photo channel can listen to MP3s again

hrmmm

hotsammysl said:
haha back on topic do you know how to downgrade it so the photo channel can listen to MP3s again

ummm yeah it says u can downgrade it by doesnt really say how... possibly go back to the shop channel and see if anything in there lets you do it?

Back