New Router

oobis

WiiChat Member
Dec 23, 2006
I need a new Router my Router is like 60 fett away from my wii and it gets red bar on the wii so ;p i need a new 1 any 1 know a good 1 that i can use that is good and cheep with 2 Antennas and 1 that has good reviews also try newegg.com for a good 1 i need a new 1 :( some 1 find me a good 1 i dont know what to get i can afford like up to $100 :smilewinkgrin:

and a good brand like linksys and not this 1 this is the 1 i have that broke :p

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833124136

OOH i got mine like two weeks ago from bestbuy for $50, and then they gave me a $20 gift card so it was practically $30. linksys wrt54g. it's really good, I use it for my wii, and its cheap.

You may want to look into range extenders. It might be a little cheaper then buying a whole new router.

oobis said:
I need a new Router my Router is like 60 fett away from my wii and it gets red bar on the wii so ;p i need a new 1 any 1 know a good 1 that i can use that is good and cheep with 2 Antennas and 1 that has good reviews also try newegg.com for a good 1 i need a new 1 :( some 1 find me a good 1 i dont know what to get i can afford like up to $100 :smilewinkgrin:

and a good brand like linksys and not this 1 this is the 1 i have that broke :p

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833124136

DO NOT get the one with speedbooster; it will do nothing for your wii.

In fact, speed booster won't do anyting for anything, unless you have a speedbooster WiFi adapter in your pc.

grab a d-link from newegg. should be 60-70. it has excellent range. it is a very good router. just make sure to upgrade the firmware once you get it before you install all your security. ive used d-link for years, both wired and wireless routers. love em. like i said though make sure to upgrade the firmware if it needs it.

Netgear RangeMax Wireless Router. I purchased this about a month ago and haven't had to touch it since set-up it works that well. Not ONE dropped signal in the month I've been using it.

Only $53 bucks on amazon.

i dont trust anything BUT THE LINKSYS! the wireless g series with speed booster. i havent regretted buying it for the price (100$) since!

its extreamly easy to set up and it has the one touch security button on the front of the system that eliminates hacking :) i love it

Back