So... help me make my wishlist please

StevenNevets

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2006
Heya guys, first post here:yesnod:
I've been checking out some Wii stuff at gamespot, sweet stuff!

Now I just need to figure out what to buy and how much I'll need to save, with that I have a few questions. If you guys could that would be nice.

Hmm...
my starter kit:
1. Original Wii package (Wii, software bundle, mote/num) = $250
2. A second set of the mote/num = $60
3. Legend of Zela Twighlight Princess = $50
4. Marvel Ultimate Allience = $50
WOW that's $410 for starters:shocked: ah well.. cheaper then a plain PS3:lol:

games to be added over time:
1. Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam = $50
2. Madden NFL '07 = $50
3. Super Smash Bros. Brawl = $60
4. Mario Kart Wii = $60
not to bad that's $220 worth of games

here's where I'm confused
1. I have a 60", widescreen, lcd, HDTV
now to release it's full Wii potential I need a component cable right? = $30
2. I'm also using a router (currently wired to both computers, but can be used wireless) what type of adapter do I need exactly? could I get some links from newegg.com (love that site) =$ ???
3. I know gamecube controllers are compatible with the Wii's but do you think two gamecube controllers and 2 motes/nums could be running together? = $0... surely my PS2 games, controllers could be traded with a friend

Also is there an official list of games that can be downloaded? theres a few N64 games and a couple SNES games that would be great to hang on to

I'm sure maybe 2 people max will actualy read this and respond but I guess most of these questions could be answered through research:scared:

I say get Zelda and Red Steel then another game you want.
That is the thing most people are getting.
You get your Zelda.
You get your Wii FPS.
You get another game you also want for different expeicenses (im getting Excite Truck most likley)

I'm going to keep my FPS games for the PC...

I have a damn X1900XT! and don't want it to go to waste:yesnod:

ssbb is $50 not $60!!!

Hey, glad to have you on WiiChat!:)

Now then, first off, why are you estimating some games to be $60 and others to be $50. Nintendo said games for Wii will not exceed $50, so if you are just adding in tax, then all your games should run around $55.
StevenNevets said:
here's where I'm confused
1. I have a 60", widescreen, lcd, HDTV
now to release it's full Wii potential I need a component cable right? = $30
Correct. However, to buy a component cable, you will have to buy it online from Nintendo; they will not be selling it in stores.
StevenNevets said:
2. I'm also using a router (currently wired to both computers, but can be used wireless) what type of adapter do I need exactly? could I get some links from newegg.com (love that site) =$ ???
If you want Wii to be connected to the internet wirelessly, you don't need any kind of adaptor. As long as your router is wireless, it should work. Check here for recommended wireless routers to make sure yours is good to go.
If you want Wii connected to the internet with a wire however, buy the Wii LAN adaptor, which should be available on launch for $20 I believe. Source

StevenNevets said:
3. I know gamecube controllers are compatible with the Wii's but do you think two gamecube controllers and 2 motes/nums could be running together? = $0... surely my PS2 games, controllers could be traded with a friend
Yeah, up to four gamecube controllers and four wiimotes/nunchuks can be used. Now whether you can use them all at once in one game is very unlikely.

StevenNevets said:
Also is there an official list of games that can be downloaded? theres a few N64 games and a couple SNES games that would be great to hang on to
None so far.

Hope that helped.:)

whats a component cable? IS it needed?

Thanks

I looked at the website that has which routers are good to use. I have netgear and most of the netgears were not good. SO is there another way to connect??? A cable or something?

Wiitime said:
whats a component cable? IS it needed?

Thanks
A component cable is the best video cable you can get for Wii if your TV has component inputs (red, blue, green connectors). No, you don't need it. Wii comes with a composite video cable which is OK if that's the only type of input on your TV (red, yellow, white connectors). If you have a TV with component inputs or S-video inputs, defintly consider getting one of those cables because it makes the blacks blacker, colors more vibrant, crisp, etc.

Wiitime said:
I looked at the website that has which routers are good to use. I have netgear and most of the netgears were not good. SO is there another way to connect??? A cable or something?

I answered this above: If you want Wii connected to the internet with a wire, buy the Wii LAN adaptor, which should be available on launch for $20 I believe. Source

Hope that helped.:smilewinkgrin:

Last edited:
thanks, do you anything that can help for the internet? The netgear i have isnt good. How else can i connect that works well and fast?

Please help!

Great Thanks for the reply, i didnt see your reply until after i posted this... Ok good, so i can still connect to internet, just have to purchase the LAN, which is fine..

WOuld the LAn be $30 like steven said?

Last edited:
Yeah, and it looks like quite a few of the netgear routers are recommended, but that list is only talking about wireless reception. If you connect Wii using a wire, it shouldn't matter what router you have.

As long as the LAN works well, fast and i can play people on the internet, i am happy.. SO if i get the LAN, it doesnt matter with NEtgear?? So Netgear wont affect it?

Sorry, i am not really good with this stuff..... On the website that you said for the LAn.. this is what it says

The Wii has WiFi built in, but those who prefer a wired connection will want to pick up this USB LAN adapter.

WOuldnt still have to work with the netgeat to work with the internet?

Wiitime said:
Sorry, i am not really good with this stuff..... On the website that you said for the LAn.. this is what it says

The Wii has WiFi built in, but those who prefer a wired connection will want to pick up this USB LAN adapter.

WOuldnt still have to work with the netgeat to work with the internet?
Yeah, you connect the USB LAN adaptor to the Wii and the router; the USB part goes into one of the two USB ports on the back of Wii while the other part you plug an ethernet cable into which you then plug into one of the ethernet ports of your router.

For clarity for those unsure of what I'm talking about, look at the picture below:
wii-accessories-20061011003640271.jpg

ah, very good...

I read somewhere that some new games (coming out later) will cost $60...:wtf:

Anyway... component cables = $30?
How much would the lan adapter and a 15ft ethernet cable cost... (my tv and computer router are pretty close)

StevenNevets said:
I'm going to keep my FPS games for the PC...

I have a damn X1900XT! and don't want it to go to waste:yesnod:

But the Wii's controller might decimate the pc's mouse/kb config. Although, I am in the same boat as you (sort of), I won't be using my 9800 pro as much, the Wii should retire it.

Back