NEW Super Mario Galexy footage!

Hybrid said:
The lighting is that game is great for the wii! i need a wii for this game!!

o u meant, the lighting in the game is great. i thought you meant there was some game called the lighting will be great for the will. but yes, i agree.

StevenNevets said:
The graphics are not even close to amazing... Seriously go look at the best-looking PS3 title coming soon (Wii and PS3 have close release dates) and tell me you think the Wii's graphics are good.

Obviously the graphics of this game are amazing for the Wii and the graphics will get better in time. But I don't see how you guys can bluntly say the graphics are amazing and then compare them to the other systems...

Not saying I'm not satisfied but this sounds like a PS3 thread except I don't see the PS3 graphics anywhere.:ee5k:

I think you need a Wii just because you have 400+ posts on a Wii board but no Wii.
Indeed on the lighting... Only big problem is the jaggies in the pictures but that may be due to bad compression, although I think the Wii just has no AA at all.

I agree with you somewhat, but I really haven't seen a 360 or PS3 game quite as visually pleasing as Super Mario Galaxy.

One thing i noticed that could result in the death of this mario game is that:
it seems like you jump through those weird 'star blasters'(as i like to call it).
anyone notice that??
its highly unlikely that this mario game will be bad cuz nintendo never screwed up mario!(except NSMB)

En4Neo said:
I agree with you somewhat, but I really haven't seen a 360 or PS3 game quite as visually pleasing as Super Mario Galaxy.
Thats probably because you own a wii and just are so happy that the gaphics are great(cuz zelda and the others graphics are not push and shv) but if you look at GoW GRAW and even sonic the hedgehog you will se the difference in graphics!

Last edited:
he said pleasing not realistic looking or whatever...surrealism is better because it's different and visually pleasing, realism is boring since it's what we see everyday in life

Axtlar said:
he said pleasing not realistic looking or whatever...surrealism is better because it's different and visually pleasing, realism is boring since it's what we see everyday in life
Oh!i do get that! mario does look quite pleasing though.

I honestly don't care what other people think. The graphics for this game ARE AMAZING! They look very clear and very impressive to me. And like Axtlar said the games will get much better as developers start to see just how much they can get from the Wii. This game is going to be awesome and I for one can't wait to buy it.

Yeah, I agree with you MasterJedi, and I bet since this game won't be out for a while now, they are going to keep improving the graphics and gameplay of it even though it already looks amazing and breathtaking to me...this game is a must have for all Wii owners just like Twilight Princess

Axtlar said:
Yeah, I agree with you MasterJedi, and I bet since this game won't be out for a while now, they are going to keep improving the graphics and gameplay of it even though it already looks amazing and breathtaking to me...this game is a must have for all Wii owners just like Twilight Princess
i doubt it they have to start making copie of the game some time soon!

Wii_BrEnDo2007 said:
meh still doesnt make me jump with excitment

MY GOD! IMO it looks awsome looks like it is going to be a hit the Wii needs right now.

Aside from the pleasant graphics, can anyone imagine how the wii remote will be used?

The gameplay will mostlikely be bizzarre! I remember on the others when you when Spider-Man on the walls, it felt weiiird.

Definately will be getting this one. Maybe not on release date, but I'll be getting it for sure.

Now if we can get similarly great footage of Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Hybrid said:
i doubt it they have to start making copie of the game some time soon!
yeah I bet they're gonna fly off shelves once it's out, I for one will pre-order it if I have enough money at the moment

Trulen said:
Aside from the pleasant graphics, can anyone imagine how the wii remote will be used?

The gameplay will mostlikely be bizzarre! I remember on the others when you when Spider-Man on the walls, it felt weiiird.

Definately will be getting this one. Maybe not on release date, but I'll be getting it for sure.

well it's not that hard to se what ssbb will look like: take SSBM inhance the graphics add snake!(srry tank off topic)

Trulen said:

well there's already 2 videos of Brawl out and they look pretty amazing to me

Hybrid said:
One thing i noticed that could result in the death of this mario game is that:
it seems like you jump through those weird 'star blasters'(as i like to call it).
anyone notice that??
its highly unlikely that this mario game will be bad cuz nintendo never screwed up mario!(except NSMB)

Thats probably because you own a wii and just are so happy that the gaphics are great(cuz zelda and the others graphics are not push and shv) but if you look at GoW GRAW and even sonic the hedgehog you will se the difference in graphics!

Actually you'd be wrong.

I have a 360 and have played some games like Gears of Wars and have played Ps3 games like Motorstorm. Yet I still believe Super Mario Galaxy to be the most visually appealing game I've ever seen.

Obviously Gears of War has a lot of detail, but Super Mario Galaxy doesn't need quite as much detail being sort of an abstract game. To tell you the truth I don't have that feeling that it could be better on the 360, I find a lot of 360 games to actually be less visually pleasing if you can believe that.

For example a lot of 360 games include too much unneeded detail and whore out what the graphics can do to the point it just looks silly. Too much wierd bloom effects or lighting can be the case, for example look at Virtua Fighter 5. It's the kind of game that would probably look better on the Wii.

I'm more concerned about a game looking good than having all sorts of overused effects and I think Super Mario Galaxy looks perfect for what it is.

Back