New Wii Channel: Wii World?

Would be fun but here are the issues.

1: That would require numerous channels. If everyone was on the same one it would be crowded. And to expand it would take to much space. It would be a fun MMORPG game. But thats a whole other disc.

Nintendo is a great company, and have been stubborn with adapting to the next generation(s). They are a great company, but they need to realize that people's intrests have changed, and the majority want fps and online play. Hopefully Ninty realizes that people aren't going to adapt to them; they must adapt to the people's desires. I think that was part of the reason why da gc failed.:yikes:
Don't get me wrong, I love nintendo, but people have changed since the 8-bit era, and nintendo needs to meet these wants to stay successful. They have been a bit stingy with online, but i just know they can pick up the pace. Hopefully they will keep their origionality and yet add another creative online element to the wii. They have also been putting us through a dry period gamwise. As long as they don't delay anymore, and make the games amazing:cool: , i'm not complaining. However, the VC is the only thing that keeps me coming back to the wii day after day:thumbsup: .
P.S. Surrie fer ze missspellinz ya no wat i meen:tard:

Last edited:
Doc141 said:
Would be fun but here are the issues.

1: That would require numerous channels. If everyone was on the same one it would be crowded. And to expand it would take to much space. It would be a fun MMORPG game. But thats a whole other disc.

this is what i was thinking!! i think Nintendo should really put out a usb hard drive...that or let us use the hard drive we have... or at the very least let us load tings off the sd card!

An idea I love for linking your "WiiWorld" to interactive games and the Shopping Channel, Voting Channel, etc.:

Working with Wii Sports 2, put a bowling alley, golf club, tennis court, boxing arena, and baseball staduim in the "WiiWorld". When a player's Mii walks through the door/gate to the location, the system will (quickly) load the specific sport (be it bowling, golf, wherever you are) from the Wii Sports 2 disc in the drive. When the player is done with the game, the system leaves the disc data stuff and you see the Mii outside that sport's building. All seamlessly. Playing the sports with your friends online. For the Shopping Channel, have a video game store (sponsored by/advertised as Gamestop, I'd expect) that connects to your systems Shopping Channel the same way. Pretty much the same thing for the voting channel and whatever else the Wii has online. (I don't know much about all the channels, I'm stuck on dial-up.)

Yay or nay?

if it's something like "Home" for the PS3, then Nintendo would take the gaming market and outrun everyone else. That is the ONLY thing Nintendo is missing righ t now. I just hope they do it *crosses fingers*.

Rival

ThATs the best idea ive honestly heard in my life.
If nintendo had a mind like this guy then i think there wouldnt need 2 be a console war.

U can have some sort of lyk Virtual Mall for wii shop.

Sware rite now if nintendo pull this off i aint gona get a ps3 afterall

Last edited:
OK, so I'm about to go against the grain (again). When I first read the article I thought "Wow! That sounds cool!". Then I thought about it for a bit. And kind of had second thoughts.

Why does the Wii have to follow where the PS3 leads? That way, Sony is setting the agenda.

What is it that makes the majority of us here (and I use this term in its widest possible sense) 'Nintendo Fanboys/girls'? Is it the fact that Nintendo has regularly tried to do it's own thing without necessarily following tried and tested routes to bring innovation to gaming(DS,Wii)?

If the Wii remains entirely unchanged and without any of the features I have read so many people asking for, will you still love yours? I don't think that MY Wii is missing anything, I'm just glad that I have one!

no, you know the PS3 got the idea of "home" from both nintendo and xbox. Actually Nintendo has been planning this secretly for awhile, they just never got to it. Sony got the idea from nintendo on the mii's and xbox for there system. (says a recent podcast :p).

:eek: Hachiuma Kin :eek:

Back