New Wii with DVD with player

My question if this can be down via a software update/firmware, where does this data go. How much internal space does the wii have. It doesn't have a hard drive, same applies with getting games form V Console. Where does all this data reside. I thought I heard that the wii just has 512 flash, that will get used up pretty fast, with updates and VC games????

are you retarded? what kind of business move is it to discontinue a system weeks after launch? it'll either be a second model or a software update. pull your panties out of your bum cracks.

r1000 said:
My question if this can be down via a software update/firmware, where does this data go. How much internal space does the wii have. It doesn't have a hard drive, same applies with getting games form V Console. Where does all this data reside. I thought I heard that the wii just has 512 flash, that will get used up pretty fast, with updates and VC games????

The largest Vconsole games are going to be around 30 mb. None the less you should buy an SD card at some point in time.

And there is space reserved for the firmware itself.

Silent-Sniper said:
Sweet, I bet they will make us pay for it but I can't see it being much.
(in reply to the first few posts)

The first few posts are wrong. There will be a different version of the wii, that will have a dvd player.

vagrant said:
The first few posts are wrong. There will be a different version of the wii, that will have a dvd player.

Yeah I read that too but I thought it may have changed.

Ah well, who the hell would buy a new one just for a DVD player, stupid..

Old news. This is already on the forums (search).

The DVD player version of the Wii is to be released only in Japan.

maybe nintendo can be super nice and maybe let you buy the updates on wii ware for like $20 if you really want it

Haz said:
Old news. This is already on the forums (search).

The DVD player version of the Wii is to be released only in Japan.

Nope in North America too

I don't think people understand. The read/write heads in the wii are physically reversed. And you cannot just have firmware that alternates between the ways it reads the data between dvd movies and wii games. That would take way too much research and developement.

that would be hideously ineffcient... and would mean a specially created drive...

He means the wii reads in reverse, because the wii games are written in reverse. And he is correct. It is nintendos ingenius way to prevent game pirating. And it worked marvelously for the gamecube.

vagrant said:
The largest Vconsole games are going to be around 30 mb. None the less you should buy an SD card at some point in time.

And there is space reserved for the firmware itself.

30mb.... damn i thought i read the most the VC games would be 10 megs...??

I'm guessing this will be something like the Panasonic Q which was a Gamecube with a DVD player. It didn't sell very well in Japan. They're better off just making the playability a Wii-shop option instead of making a whole new console. People can get DVD players for like 20-50 dollars, must people actually pick up this DVD player Wii? I understand the convenience and all, however will it be able to upconvert to 720p or 1080i or 1080p? The Wii currently only goes to 480p many videophiles will be disappointed if they can only go as high as 480p.

Back