Newb??? Component Cables

branandlee

WiiChat Member
Jan 9, 2007
OH-IO
Alright, seen several things about people buying component cables for their Wii's lately. What are these and what do they do? And better yet, why should I get one. Thanks.

I'd also like an answer to this question. Do they replace the cables that came with the Wii already? And how do you know if they will really make much of a difference? How do you tell if your tv runs in 480i, 480p, etc? Much appreciated...

yes they replace the current cables you use.

instead of the composite (red white and yellow) cable to the tv, or scart connection, you would use this cable...

about asking wether you should get one or not, that depends entirely on your tv.

look on the back of your tv at the input sockets, if you have the component inputs then you can get the cable (the inputs are usually labelled)

it allows better resolutions to be displayed on your tv set, ie better looking images.

yea if you have its red, white, green, red, blue and yellow sockets your tv has component.

Then you can get the cable, it dosent make a huge diffrence though

i got a new tv last night, shortly after i posted that answer...

my xbox 360 looks amazing on the tv, as do my dvds, wii doesnt look so good :(

i think im gonna have to get hold of some component cables myself in hope to have good looking wii games again.

i dont think the nintendo ones are available yet in the uk, might have to try 3rd party developers brand

Back